• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    did the new p80 textured. g19 uppper on it but when i pull trigger slide almost always locks back. took off slide and noticed when I pull the trigger it forces slide lock lever to rise causing slide to lock when gun fires. help anyone. heres a vid of it. can u help?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QOup6vNCHc

MikeV

Apr 15, 2017
    I see that you've solved your issue, but for others in this situation, make certain that the slide lock spring is UNDER the locking block pin...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Pictures coming soon, but I've achieved the same result with a dremel and a MAPP gas torch.

I'm about to go test-fire the new creation.

ETA: 1 mag dump in the backyard later, it works! No hiccups to report, so far.

20170501_182447.jpg

20170501_182454.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Congrats. Takes some nerve to cut up a perfectly good 80% frame.

Luckily, I'd cut the rear rails too deeply on this one - so it was a perfect candidate for this experiment. :thumbsup:

Took all of a half hour to do, even with a dremel and a map gas torch.

Opened up the FCG pocket with dremel and mill bit to rough size, used the mapp gas torch to heat the bottom of the rail block to let it melt the polymer to fit the rail block in place.

Ballsy, but it worked.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No offense, but that was a pretty worthless explanation.. :lol2:

I'll wait til they redo the Spectre frame altogether and see what it looks like. ;)

If I can do this with a map gas torch and dremel, you ought to be able to easily accomplish it with a mill.

Hell, you may even bother taking measurements first - I just said 'Fvck it' and went at it with the dremel until it 'looked about right'. (Love to say I was joking about that, but I wasn't.)

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    If I can do this with a map gas torch and dremel, you ought to be able to easily accomplish it with a mill.

Hell, you may even bother taking measurements first - I just said 'Fvck it' and went at it with the dremel until it 'looked about right'. (Love to say I was joking about that, but I wasn't.)
    I could, heck, I could even do it like you did, but.... There is too much to the V1 Spectre frame that I don't like. I'm waiting til they redesign it, hoping the fix a lot of that with the successful changes they did for the Compact. I'll wait for the V2 Spectre and keep paying off my bills for my Sig P228 build, which I need to finish this week! :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Can't argue with that logic. I had an already wasted Spectre to butcher on a whim, so it was a no lose situation for me.

That and as much as I'd like to see a reworked Spectre, I'll be honest - I'll likely lose patience and just rework the originals before Poly80 even makes any announcements. Since the price is dropping, that's a bonus.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Modifying the Spectre frame to take the compact rear rail module sounds great, but you still have to buy the whole compact frame kit to get the metal rear rail unit.

That doesn't make much sense to me, but to each his own. FWIW, my Spectre frame is still running strong with well over 500 rds. thru it, and if it fails in the meantime, no biggie, I'll just wait for the "revised" version to come out.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Modifying the Spectre frame to take the compact rear rail module sounds great, but you still have to buy the whole compact frame kit to get the metal rear rail unit.

That doesn't make much sense to me, but to each his own. FWIW, my Spectre frame is still running strong with well over 500 rds. thru it, and if it fails in the meantime, no biggie, I'll just wait for the "revised" version to come out.

In my case, I have a couple compact frames in varying states of completion, so I just used the rail block from an incomplete one for this experiment. So, no additional costs for me in this instance.

But I definitely agree with your logic, financially it doesn't make sense. I just did it to see if it was actually feasible, and it is - with very primitive tools and methods. :D

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    In my case, I have a couple compact frames in varying states of completion, so I just used the rail block from an incomplete one for this experiment. So, no additional costs for me in this instance.

But I definitely agree with your logic, financially it doesn't make sense. I just did it to see if it was actually feasible, and it is - with very primitive tools and methods. :D

Hey I'm glad it worked out for you, especially after your... umm... "rock and roll" experience..:D I'm gonna keep runnin' mine until it either falls apart or they release the revised full size, whichever comes first.

As to Ken's question.. I have a feeling they won't sell you just the steel rail module by itself, unless maybe you could convince them somehow that you funged it up or it failed..?? But who knows, call em' and ask...the worst they can say is no.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Is the older Polymer80 PF940v1.5 80% Pistol Frame Kit Glock 17, 17L frames still worth buying? They've come down in price to about $60. For those that used these frames for a build was it worth it?
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom