• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wruiz2025

Jul 6, 2023
    Severn, MD
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum. Hope this is the right place for my question.
    During the CCW application, my understanding is that there is an interview to friends/family/etc. Also, I'll be getting a phone call for an "interview". During the interview, what kind of questions do they ask? Background? Criminal hx? Domestic issues? Substance abuse? Mental health? And most importantly, do they ask why a need/reasons for a conceal weapon? THANKS

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Hi,
    During the CCW application, my understanding is that there is an interview to friends/family/etc. Also, I'll be getting a phone call for an "interview". During the interview, what kind of questions do they ask? Background? Criminal hx? Domestic issues? Substance abuse? Mental health? And most importantly, do they ask why a need/reasons for a conceal weapon? THANKS
    You only need three references that aren't related to You,someone You've know for more than 2 years.
    All of the other questions are irrelevant unless You have a record in the past. 99.9% msp won't call your references nor you.

Good and substantial is a relic of the past thanks to bruen ruling by SCOTUS.

Lastly You might want to be informed of the impact of SB1 once it becomes law october 1st.

Jared

Jul 7, 2022
    MI
    Hi,
    MSP didn’t call anyone for my application. They just processes it and issued my license.

No criminal history, I’ve been denied a CCW license twice in another state due to May-issue. No one cared.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Hi,
    I completed the forms including references. (Legit ones) but they were not called.

The forms have not been updated. The web site sucks.

I was honest, I complied, I paid my stuff and they gave it to me. :)

I will not allow them to reneged on the deal we made.

CMC.

EBMD.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hi,

Applications since June 2022 have had essentially Zero Interviews .

If there isn't something ambiguously sketchy in your background , you can safely assume neither you , nor your references would be contacted .

jeanie48445

Aug 8, 2023
    St Inigoes, MD
    Has anyone on this forum applied for a concealed carry permit using the online application? I'm inquiring for a friend who has filled out the application several times now but can't get past a certain block. He asked me to take a look and I couldn't fill it in either.

The first half goes well but when he gets down to the LiveScan PCN # there is no block underneath to add the number; in fact LiveScan PCN# is right on the line and will only permit you to type over LiveScan PCN# which makes the whole thing unreadable. When you tab to the next block the entire number disappears.

We have fiddled with this ad naseum. Has anyone else experienced a problem with this? And if so did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Has anyone on this forum applied for a concealed carry permit using the online application? I'm inquiring for a friend who has filled out the application several times now but can't get past a certain block. He asked me to take a look and I couldn't fill it in either.

The first half goes well but when he gets down to the LiveScan PCN # there is no block underneath to add the number; in fact LiveScan PCN# is right on the line and will only permit you to type over LiveScan PCN# which makes the whole thing unreadable. When you tab to the next block the entire number disappears.

We have fiddled with this ad naseum. Has anyone else experienced a problem with this? And if so did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.
    Which web browser is he using, on which platform? Try a different browser/device.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Just received an e-mail from MDSP-- my W&C/HGP renewal was approved WITHOUT updating or including any new references. Turned in application on 03 Aug; application accepted 04 Aug; application approved on 14 Aug.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Just received an e-mail from MDSP-- my W&C/HGP renewal was approved WITHOUT updating or including any new references. Turned in application on 03 Aug; application accepted 04 Aug; application approved on 14 Aug.
    Put the above in the tracking thread:

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I am looking for help with the Maryland W&C permit process since I live in Arizona but I plan to visit family in MD this year.

I have my AZ permit and I understand that MD does not offer non-resident permits, so I assume that I have to apply for a MD W&C permit in the same way as a MD resident, but living 2600 miles away presents some challenges. I've been doing some research and want to make sure that I am on the right path.

MD W&C Application - The application is completed on-line but If I remember correctly the Live Scan fingerprinting has to be done within 72-hours of submitting my application. Is this still correct?

Training - I believe I am exempt from the training requirements because I am a honorably discharged member of the armed forces. Is this still correct and do I need to somehow attach a copy of my DD-214 to my W&C application?

Fingerprinting - There is one location here in Yuma that offers Live Scan fingerprinting and I would have to provide the the LiveScan technician the following information:

Agency Authorization Number: 9400082484
    Agency ORI Number: MDMSP6000
    Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-305

If I am missing anything please chime in and thank you for any help. It is much appreciated.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I am looking for help with the Maryland W&C permit process since I live in Arizona but I plan to visit family in MD this year.

I have my AZ permit and I understand that MD does not offer non-resident permits, so I assume that I have to apply for a MD W&C permit in the same way as a MD resident, but living 2600 miles away presents some challenges. I've been doing some research and want to make sure that I am on the right path.

MD W&C Application - The application is completed on-line but If I remember correctly the Live Scan fingerprinting has to be done within 72-hours of submitting my application. Is this still correct?

Training - I believe I am exempt from the training requirements because I am a honorably discharged member of the armed forces. Is this still correct and do I need to somehow attach a copy of my DD-214 to my W&C application?

Fingerprinting - There is one location here in Yuma that offers Live Scan fingerprinting and I would have to provide the the LiveScan technician the following information:

If I am missing anything please chime in and thank you for any help. It is much appreciated.
    I can tell you with 100% certainty you are exempt from training IF you are an honorably discharged veteran.

Nobody

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I am looking for help with the Maryland W&C permit process ...

NO

YES

Here's a comprehensive manual on the process.

You can create your account on the MSP Portal tonight, and complete 90% of the application before midnight.

Your training documentation is your DD 214 (as a PDF)

Photo can be a selfie on your phone- head & shoulders, white background, no hat.

When you arrive in MD, you can do your fingerprints after getting out of the terminal (air, train or bus) at any LIVESCAN facility. 5 minutes later, you can upload the LIVESCAN receipt from your phone, pay the State fee, and SUBMIT the application. Expect approval in 30-45 days.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    The Gun Free School Zone Act (Federal Law) has an exception if you have a permit issued by the state that the school zone is in.
    I learned the same in my AZ concealed carry training class. In Arizona, a person who holds a valid AZ Concealed Carry Permit is exempt from the Gun Free School Zone Act restriction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom