• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 59f100292

May 20, 2012
    After a gun is approved by the roster Board, how long before it hits the roster on the MSP website?

The last meeting was Sept 11, and it doesn't look like those guns have hit the list yet. 35 days and counting.

Just trying to pick up the gun I bought in May.......

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The results were published in the MD Register 11 October. As I understand it, that means they are legal for sale either 10 or 11 November (I think the legal limit is 30 days).

I'll add that the Roster is something I think we need to go on the offensive on - to get it done away with. It serves no function other than to harass law-abiding citizens...and the burden falls hardest on competitors in the Olympic disciplines, who have to pony up the money (around $2K) to buy a gun to be sent as a sample

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    The results were published in the MD Register 11 October. As I understand it, that means they are legal for sale either 10 or 11 November (I think the legal limit is 30 days).

I'll add that the Roster is something I think we need to go on the offensive on - to get it done away with. It serves no function other than to harass law-abiding citizens...and the burden falls hardest on competitors in the Olympic disciplines, who have to pony up the money (around $2K) to buy a gun to be sent as a sample

Aside from funding and maybe manpower? is there any downside to having everything in the legal pipeline all at once?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

Pena is challenging CA's roster before the US Supreme Court currently.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

They waited a month to publish the results? What's going on there? At least once in the past they were able to get guns on the roster thirty days or so after the meeting.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    They waited a month to publish the results? What's going on there? At least once in the past they were able to get guns on the roster thirty days or so after the meeting.

They have 30 days to publish them in the register, the state is going to take the full 30 when they can so they get the full 60 days between approval and being added to the roster. They probably think if someone can't get the gun they want faster they'll give up and not get one.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    They have 30 days to publish them in the register, the state is going to take the full 30 when they can so they get the full 60 days between approval and being added to the roster. They probably think if someone can't get the gun they want faster they'll give up and not get one.

Or it'll make me find models that aren't on the roster so I can submit them and make more work for the roster staff.

59f100292

May 20, 2012
    So what does this mean? I can pick up the gun now, or Ihave to wait 60 days for the gun to hit the roster online?

Where can I find a copy of the october 11 register?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No, that wouldn't make any more work for the HRB staff. They'll still do a certain number per session, it will just make a longer backlog .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Sort of. IIRC The submission schedule for COMAR is set at the beginning of the year, and it's only published every two weeks. They hit the next available submission date for publication. It's not intentional delay, just a fact of the calendar.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Aside from funding and maybe manpower? is there any downside to having everything in the legal pipeline all at once?

Funding is the BIG headache. You have to remember that the high-end target pistol market is small, the companies that work in it are not wealthy. Meaning that if I want to buy a Pardini FPM - a single-shot .22 pistol for the Free Pistol discipline - I have to cough up the $2,450 to buy one, pay to have it shipped to a dealer if I can find one to handle the submission, then pay to have it shipped to the Roster Board so they can play with it.

59f100292

May 20, 2012
    Sort of. IIRC The submission schedule for COMAR is set at the beginning of the year, and it's only published every two weeks. They hit the next available submission date for publication. It's not intentional delay, just a fact of the calendar.

so where can I find this documentation? any one have a link? I'd like to look and see if the sept 11 handguns have hit the list to I can start the MSP process with the FFL.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads