• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'm guessin' the backlog has now shifted from the HPRB to the MSP-LD... they can take the money from the trooper's overtime at the meetings and spend it on an extra laminating machine... that way they'll be ready when the BIG hammer(shall issue) falls on them in the near future...:)
    :fingerscrossed:

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Modification request mailed on Friday 8/9, check cashed Friday 8/16. Hoping
    to receive unrestricted permit by Monday 8/19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was mailed 8/6, check deposited by MSP 8/13, cleared my account 8/14. Nothing in the mailbox as of today.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Mine was mailed 8/6, check deposited by MSP 8/13, cleared my account 8/14. Nothing in the mailbox as of today.

If the MSPld remain consistent, you, me and divingraven should receive ours Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Gliderkit1 mailed his on the 5th, was in the system Aug 6th, his check cleared Aug 9th(4 days), he received his permit Aug 14th.
    sb22 was in the system Aug 6th and his checked cleared Aug 9th(4 days). He picked his up in person, so he saved the extra waiting time. He also got in the first day, so that helps:)

I was in the system on Aug 7th, Check cleared Aug 14th(5 days).

divingraven mailed Aug 6th, in the system Aug 7th. I assume his check cleared around the 14th.(5 days)
    br3krj mailed Aug 9th, System Aug 12th, check cleared Aug 16th(5 days)

It's been taking aprox (5) business days from being in the system to when the check is cleared for those of us who entered the system after the first day (Aug 6th).

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    2ckikr.jpg

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Modification request mailed on Friday 8/9, check cashed Friday 8/16. Hoping
    to receive unrestricted permit by Monday 8/19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my check cleared the 16th. I'll let everyone know when my permit is received. hopefully this week

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Waiting is no big deal , i don't care if they cashed my check or when i will get my expanded permit . As far as i am concerned they would be hard pressed to charge me with any crime since i have a signed receipt they received my request .

Not legal advice but , but they can't eat me .

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I just spoke with SGT Durkee of the MSPld to ask if I could come into pick up my permit modification when done. The short answer is NO!:sad20: He said he was receiving calls nonstop and seemed very flustered. He said, "every moment I am speaking to people like yourself is taking away from processing these applications." He went on to say, "technically, they have 90 days to complete the process and that we need to be patient with them."

Well, I understand all of his points and concerns. The truth is though THEY are in this position because THEY refuse to take the permit process seriously. THEY could have streamlined the process by automating it
    and allowing us to see where we were in the pipeline by checking online. This, however, would have required THEM to be proactive and acknowledge that the people of this state want carry permits, free from legal jeopardy restrictions.

Everyone here remembers the O'Malley legislation of 2013 and what the MSPld did. Not only did the MSPld brake the law by not releasing after the 7th day, but they also threatened law-abiding FFl's lively hood. They made it clear that if they did legally release the firearms after the 7th day, their license renewal would be in jeopardy.

FYI, I noticed that SGT Durkee had been out of the office since the 9th, I guess he just got back from vacation, welcome back SGT.

Last edited:

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Waiting is no big deal , i don't care if they cashed my check or when i will get my expanded permit . As far as i am concerned they would be hard pressed to charge me with any crime since i have a signed receipt they received my request .

Not legal advice but , but they can't eat me .

Actually, it was made very clear that our permit restrictions are in force UNTIL we receive our new permits with the new restrictions: NONE. Remember who our Attorney Gen is, Brian would love to stick his shaft up one of our asses.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I just spoke with SGT Durkee of the MSPld to ask if I could come into pick up my permit modification when done. The short answer is NO!:sad20: He said he was receiving calls nonstop and seemed very flustered. He said, "every moment I am speaking to people like yourself is taking away from processing these applications." He went on to say, "technically, they have 90 days to complete the process and that we need to be patient with them."

Well, I understand all of his points and concerns. The truth is though THEY are in this position because THEY refuse to take the permit process seriously. THEY could have streamlined the process by automating it
    and allowing us to see where we were in the pipeline by checking online. This, however, would have required THEM to be proactive and acknowledge that the people of this state want carry permits, free from legal jeopardy restrictions.

Everyone here remembers the O'Malley legislation of 2013 and what the MSPld did. Not only did the MSPld brake the law by not releasing after the 7th day, but they also threatened law-abiding FFl's lively hood. They made it clear that if they did legally release the firearms after the 7th day, their license renewal would be in jeopardy.

FYI, I noticed that SGT Durkee had been out of the office since the 9th, I guess he just got back from vacation, welcome back SGT.

I agree with the MSP on this , we need to let them do their work and stop pestering them .

Just wait your turn and be calm it will be here soon .:thumbsup:

I also do not agree with much they say as i have been opposed and questioned so much of their position on permits .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Actually, it was made very clear that our permit restrictions are in force UNTIL we receive our new permits with the new restrictions: NONE. Remember who our Attorney Gen is, Brian would love to stick his shaft up one of our asses.

I get that but i have been carrying for a while now and understand the rules of the "game" and i watched a lot of Tom & Jerry as a kid . ;):lol2:

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I get that but i have been carrying for a while now and understand the rules of the "game" and i watched a lot of Tom & Jerry as a kid . ;):lol2:

Please don't get me wrong. I carry 24/7 almost everywhere. But I always have my guard up, ready at any moment to have to explain the business purpose to why I am carrying.

All I am saying is that until we receive our newly minted permits, that we must remain vigilant.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My 0.02 is stop pestering the MSP. It wont make the process go faster and it will only irritate them. Bureaucratic agencies tend to passive-aggressively resist change and irritants make it worse.

The permits will go out. There are a finite number, MD does not even issue that many permits to begin with.

Then they will learn lessons and streamline the process.

Consider this a dry run for shall-issue, which will happen much sooner than people think. When that happens... the backlog of permits will be incredible and make the 2013 77r backlog look like the line at Chick-Fil-a on a Sunday.

Dont be an irritant, we need them to be engaged in the process for when people other than the 1% of 1% can carry.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Please don't get me wrong. I carry 24/7 almost everywhere. But I always have my guard up, ready at any moment to have to explain the business purpose to why I am carrying.

All I am saying is that until we receive our newly minted permits, that we must remain vigilant.

I agree and i have that covered well :thumbsup:

My 0.02 is stop pestering the MSP. It wont make the process go faster and it will only irritate them. Bureaucratic agencies tend to passive-aggressively resist change and irritants make it worse.

The permits will go out. There are a finite number, MD does not even issue that many permits to begin with.

Then they will learn lessons and streamline the process.

Consider this a dry run for shall-issue, which will happen much sooner than people think. When that happens... the backlog of permits will be incredible and make the 2013 77r backlog look like the line at Chick-Fil-a on a Sunday.

Dont be an irritant, we need them to be engaged in the process for when people other than the 1% of 1% can carry.

No truer words are spoken then this .:thumbsup:

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    While I have never called I am amazed that you spoke to someone at all. It seems more likely than not when I call a .gov of any level I get a voice mail to leave a message. It would seem to me that they have to investigate all permit mods to make sure you are a business owner and not an employee. Not sure how long that would take. Keep in mind that they are also still processing 9 permits a day on average for new and renewals.

I know this is easy for me to say as an unrestricted permit holder but patience grasshopper.

Any one know how many people work in the LD?

NOBODY

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    It would seem to me that they have to investigate all permit mods to make sure you are a business owner and not an employee. Not sure how long that would take.

NOBODY

Business owner mods don't need investigation. If you are the owner of a business then that fact would already be in the database when they pull up your info. In fact the restrictions on the permit indicate this. " valid only while conducting business as Owner of...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If the MSP hadn't invented these ******** restrictions they wouldn't be rushing around fixing all these permits. They brought it on themselves. I suppose they will be bitching and moaning about the workload if/when Md goes shall issue. No sympathy then either.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    If the MSP hadn't invented these ******** restrictions they wouldn't be rushing around fixing all these permits. They brought it on themselves. I suppose they will be bitching and moaning about the workload if/when Md goes shall issue. No sympathy then either.

Can I get an amen :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom