• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Ivey introduced an amendment that would grandfather in existing HBARs bought between 2013 and 2019. He was hoping to avoid people testifying because they could keep what they have. Then he proved just how little he knows when he couldn’t answer what AR stood for when asked by Delegate Arikan.

ETA: though we all know he badly wanted to say assault rifle.

You think they even know what ArmaLite is? lol

To the OP, I am holding off on all buying and building until I see what the final result of all this is. If the HBAR bill gets shelved, then I will hold off on buying anything HBAR related. If it gets passed like it is, then there is no sense in buying anything HBAR related. If they pass it with a grandfather clause in it, then I will buy a couple more lowers, build them out as HBAR's, and call it a day.

Same process for the "ghost gun" bill. If it passes with the current 1968 grandfather provision, then there is no reason for me to buy anything. If they put a grandfather provision in it that does not require registration of the firearm, then 80% firearms here I come, with a lot of building to be done before the effective date of that statute.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed in the hope that nothing at all gets passed, and then I am prepared for an alternate reality.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is Maryland only. So, there should be plenty of supply out there to meet the demand of Maryland residents IF this stuff does get passed with a grandfather provision in it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hogan did nothing To protect gun right. The Libs are on steroids now. You ain't se en nothing yet.

Last year, Hogan was up for re-election, which he subsequently won. Now, when he does not have to worry about re-election ever again, but maybe running for the POTUS, he might want to think about vetoing these bills so he can save face with people in states that vote red throughout the rest of the country.

IF any of these bills pass, this will be Hogan's time, without any re-election excuses.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Another thing to keep in mind is that this is Maryland only. So, there should be plenty of supply out there to meet the demand of Maryland residents IF this stuff does get passed with a grandfather provision in it.

I have friends in other states that are paying attention to what happens here. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. Politicians aren't smart enough to come up with new ideas, they like to "borrow" from other states. If they ban or grandfather them (Poly 80) here I think we'll see a run on them nationwide.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    The are so emboldened now, they will draft the next bills, before the ink is dry on these. The cycle of every 5-10 years will be months, not years.
    Sad thing is, a 5 year old can see that these bills will do nothing to stop "Crime" or active shooters,, They hate you, they hate your hobby, they hate your life style, they hate your country (as it was formed), this has nothing to do with guns,, this is a stepping stone to their "Vision" of this state and country.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The horde is not infinite, people move, come and go, but yes the fact that NoVa is close to DC has brought a lot of Federal workers and contractors to NoVa making the area blue. Their presence is largely contingent on Federal spending in the area. However, Federal military projects bring more of a red populous, as the military tends to be more Republican. Keep in kind people from the Mid-West and other parts of the South also move to NoVa, so it isn't just leftists from NY/NJ/MD but Republican minded voters too.

There's new population data out that the population growth rate in Northern Virginia has actually slowed down for the first time in years.

I think Republicans in Maryland, should either move out to PA or VA. No point in living in Maryland IF you care about your vote, gun rights, taxes, sanity, and more. Often a Republican vote casted in Maryland is obsolete.

One negative post after another about how all hope is lost. I am not going to ponder reasons, I have no idea. But I am going to remove the disruptive newbies' posting abilities for the remainder of the GA session.

Feb 28, 2013
    The are so emboldened now, they will draft the next bills, before the ink is dry on these. The cycle of every 5-10 years will be months, not years.
    Sad thing is, a 5 year old can see that these bills will do nothing to stop "Crime" or active shooters,, They hate you, they hate your hobby, they hate your life style, they hate your country (as it was formed), this has nothing to do with guns,, this is a stepping stone to their "Vision" of this state and country.
    ”And what is that vision”, some may ask?

Simple. Watch “Demolition Man”.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have friends in other states that are paying attention to what happens here. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. Politicians aren't smart enough to come up with new ideas, they like to "borrow" from other states. If they ban or grandfather them (Poly 80) here I think we'll see a run on them nationwide.

Is Maryland the first state to try this with "ghost" guns? For some in other states, it will just be an excuse to a spouse to buy a bunch of stuff that they could not justify/afford beforehand. If there is a "run" on 80's and prices go up, I sure as hell would not be buying them if I am in one of those other states until the run is over. I will worry about this come Sine Die. Time to fight now, and then prepare accordingly for October 1, 2019 after the session is concluded.

I just have so many freaking projects on my plate, that building out firearms has taken a back seat for a couple years now.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Is Maryland the first state to try this with "ghost" guns? For some in other states, it will just be an excuse to a spouse to buy a bunch of stuff that they could not justify/afford beforehand. If there is a "run" on 80's and prices go up, I sure as hell would not be buying them if I am in one of those other states until the run is over. I will worry about this come Sine Die. Time to fight now, and then prepare accordingly for October 1, 2019 after the session is concluded.

I just have so many freaking projects on my plate, that building out firearms has taken a back seat for a couple years now.
    No, need to be serialized in CA and banned in NJ. Might be some other States with restrictions as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Hawaii allows 80%, but must be registered with the state within a certain timeframe - 3 days after completion, IIRC.

Although with the latest Hawaii proposed infringements, probably won't be able to build a blow-gun...

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I was wondering when "Defense Rifle" was going to get banned.

Some people get their jollies off and feel better about themselves with constant negativity, as he sits in North Carolina with nothing to do but brag about his state's gun rights on a Maryland gun website. LOL

Whatever though, he's definitely wrong about Pennsylvania taxes. Up here by the Mason Dixon line, you're paying at least 1.5X property taxes for an equal acre equivalent somewhere in North Harford. I'm going to be making a move to PA, but I'd never brag about how "better" it is because it's really not for the most part.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    HBARs? If anything, it sounds like you guys in Maryland need to stock up on some rope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom