• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Hey there everyone, been a while since I have posted anything. I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything good or bad as far as reviews go for Plum Crazy AR lowers, or does anyone actually have one? I am looking at one as a possible alternative for my new AR platform project chambered in 5.56. I am not sold on the whole polymer idea quite yet but what I have found elsewhere from other reviews is that these AR's are to the same mil specs as other manufacturers. Plus, $125 for a complete AR lower is defitinetly not a bad price :D

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    Im not sold on these only because of the pictures I have seen of the carbon15 in pieces. Mostly the uppers broke at the barrel threads but thus doesn't make me trust a polymer lower either.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    I think the general thought is it's plastic and not worth it. I too considered one strictly for the price, but I'm reluctant to waste the money if it turns out top be a regulated piece of crap. Plus there always seems to be a lower group buy going on where you can get a real lower at a great prive.

djcerna

Stuck in the Middle
    Aug 4, 2010
    Rockville MD
    I bought one and have about 600 rounds fired. No problems with lower componets and it still fits tight against the upper.
    The hammer and trigger are also polymer but i have had no problems so far.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I'd stay away, I read the following in another forum from a reputable source:

my camera is dead or i would post some pictures but the things have been total clownshoes. We have several that have rounded over and or CRACKED trigger and hammer engagement surfaces(after 600 rounds on them through more than a few lowers), takedown pins that come completely out of the lower with corresponding detents and springs that end up in never/never land.

Castle nuts are not staked,we had a lower crack back towards the rear of the reciever from simply field stripping the ****er a few weeks ago.

The lower dimensions are no where near spec so the only lower parts kits that will fit are DPMS which doesnt give anyone a warm fuzzy.

Our armorer has been trying to deal with them to get the issues resolved, to date i have not seen or heard what the staus is...but they stand by their products %100 and put 10k rounds through one with no issues....RIIIIIGHT.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    I bought one and have about 600 rounds fired. No problems with lower componets and it still fits tight against the upper.
    The hammer and trigger are also polymer but i have had no problems so far.

Is that 600 rds at one time or over the course of several shooting sessions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom