• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbreeze

Most Exalted Empress
    Mar 30, 2009
    PG County
    PG County is moving ahead with the creation of a "gun offender" registry. The bill as currently drafted would make any one who violates any Maryland gun law a "gun offender." While the purpose is ostensibly to limit violent crime with guns, the law as drafted is not limited to those convicted of violent crimes, or even those who illegally possess a gun, but includes any offense under Maryland gun laws, including, for example, failure to transport a handgun in a case. Once convicted, the "gun offender" would be required to report to the police in person every six months for three years, like a sex offender and the police would be stopping by that person's home periodically to have a chat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...s-register/2012/05/28/gJQAn5CJxU_story_1.html

There is already such a registry in Baltimore and in D.C. Expect such a registry in your county soon as this catches on.

The public hearing is on June 5th at 10 am. You might consider writing to the PG County Council in advance of the hearing if you own guns in, shoot in or transport guns through PG County. The sponsor of the bill expects it to pass shortly after the hearing . . .and it almost certainly will if responsible gun owners don't make themselves heard.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    How 'bout a domestic violence registry or a burglar/home invader registry? You know, the serious and dangerous crimes that actually cause harm.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Some one said the other day that urinating in pubic is now a sex offense?

These feel good measures often take a different turn once they become law. Look how people get extra charges for committing a 'hate crime'.

It is a sex offense. It falls under indecent exposure laws. Pee behind the bar and you get to go on the list for I think 5 years in MD.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Of course, what we could do is just have a sunshine law like Florida and just make almost all adult criminal records publicly available, no need to single out gun offenders. But that would interfere with too many of our legislators' clients.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Of course, what we could do is just have a sunshine law like Florida and just make almost all adult criminal records publicly available, no need to single out gun offenders. But that would interfere with too many of our legislators' clients.

This was the reason it was so easy for me to clear my name when a piss poor background check picked up someone in FL they thought was me. I sent them my license and a copy of his mug shot and when they realized that I wasn't black and the felon was, I got my job back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom