• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    Well...to split a hair or two......if the quote is: "$1 tax on BULLETS", and not $1 on cartridges, well then a box of 22LR cartridges will not be 570......just the same ole price. OTOH is that $1 per "bullet", or $1 on a box...seems the possibilities are endless.....:rolleyes:

But then a box of BULLETS for reloaders might be a tad expensive...:sad20:

Just sayin....:)
    R

Ah, read it wrong then. Thanks.

Still f***ing stupid.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Dr. Mr Otis Rolley,

I have read about your plan for a one dollar per bullet tax and find it intriguing. I am, however, very curious about which of these deficiencies drive your agenda:

1. You can't read a calendar and honestly believe that today is April 1st.
    2. You are almost totally lacking in common sense and fail to realize that criminals will disobey the law to acquire weapons
    3. You have no comprehension of geography and are unaware that it's a fifteen minute drive from anywhere in Baltimore to the city limits
    4. You don't care about destroying small businesses in pursuit of your agenda, even if they cater primarily to the Baltimore City Police Department.
    5. You think that Chris Rock is the spokesman for a political think tank

Regardless of which is true - especially if more than one is true - it horrifies me that you may become the mayor of a major city. If you are selected in the primary on September 13, I will undoubtedly sleep poorly that night.

I wish your opponents the best of luck.

-Quebecoiswolf

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    CCRKBA
    cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Baltimore Mayoral Candidate Campaigns On $1 per Bullet Tax
    cleardot.gif

ccweblogo_01.gif
    ccweblogo_02_01.gif

ccweblogo_02_03.gif

BALTIMORE CANDIDATE SHOULD ‘BITE THE BULLET’ ON DUMB TAX IDEA, SAYS CCRKBA

BELLEVUE, WA – A proposal by Baltimore, Maryland mayoral candidate Otis Rolley to levy a tax of $1 per cartridge in an effort to cut down crime and random gunfire in the city is typical of an anti-gun liberal who decries urban violence but offers a way for government to profit from it while not solving the problem, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

Rolley, a Democrat, is quoted by WBAL news acknowledging that raising the cost of firearms won't work “because many criminals don't purchase new guns, and they can be borrowed or even rented in some areas.”

“Sounds like Rolley’s trolley has left the tracks,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “If this guy actually believes that criminals rent firearms, he must live on Fantasy Island. Criminals steal firearms, even from the police, and when they do, they also steal the ammunition. Clearly, this one dollar-per-bullet tax idea comes from someone who doesn't have a clue about criminals or the way they operate, but he does know about raising taxes.”

Rolley told a reporter that the tax would curb random shootings, especially around the holidays, by making it too expensive for people to indiscriminately discharge firearms.

“Tell that to someone who spends $300 on Fourth of July fireworks,” Gottlieb observed. “Rolley is really looking for a new revenue vehicle to fatten the city coffers, and sticking law-abiding citizens with the bill.

“Imagine what the First Amendment reaction from the press might be,” he said, “if Rolley had proposed a one-dollar tax per word in every newspaper in the city. There would be howls from every editorial board in the state, calling it a nutty idea that would not pass constitutional muster. The same goes for this proposed Second Amendment tax on recreational shooters, hunters and citizens concerned about personal protection.

“Rolley really needs a reality check,” Gottlieb concluded. “He ought to bite the bullet on this goofy proposal that shows just how far anti-gun extremists will go.”

With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email to InformationRequest@ccrkba.org.

<Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>
    Copyright © 2011 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.
    Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    James Madison Building
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005 Voice: 425-454-4911
    Toll Free: 800-426-4302
    FAX: 425-451-3959
    Email: InformationRequest@ccrkba.org

To stop receiving these alerts, send an email to subscriptions@liberty.seanet.com with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line. This email was sent to sjwinokur@gmail.com.
    To ensure your alerts are delivered to your inbox (and not inadvertently diverted to a bulk or junk email folder by spam filters), be sure to add cc_alerts@liberty.seanet.com to your email address book or contact list.

cleardot.gif

People

cleardot.gif

ccalerts
    ccalerts@liberty.seanet.com
    »
    cleardot.gif

subscriptions
    subscriptions@liberty.seanet.com
    »

Abou

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Dr. Mr Otis Rolley,

I have read about your plan for a one dollar per bullet tax and find it intriguing. I am, however, very curious about which of these deficiencies drive your agenda:

1. You can't read a calendar and honestly believe that today is April 1st.
    2. You are almost totally lacking in common sense and fail to realize that criminals will disobey the law to acquire weapons
    3. You have no comprehension of geography and are unaware that it's a fifteen minute drive from anywhere in Baltimore to the city limits
    4. You don't care about destroying small businesses in pursuit of your agenda, even if they cater primarily to the Baltimore City Police Department.
    5. You think that Chris Rock is the spokesman for a political think tank

Regardless of which is true - especially if more than one is true - it horrifies me that you may become the mayor of a major city. If you are selected in the primary on September 13, I will undoubtedly sleep poorly that night.

I wish your opponents the best of luck.

-Quebecoiswolf

1, 2 and 3 are really ad hominem attacks. We should always attack the issue, not the person.

I like to see their panties get in a bunch when the "dumb redneck gun owners" are nice and polite to them.

Lunatic Fringe

I Know You're Out There
    Apr 12, 2010
    Florida
    A Baltimore mayoral candidate proposes a tax on bullets as part of a plan to reduce crime. Do you consider that an effective option as part of a larger plan?Close (X)A Baltimore mayoral candidate proposes a tax on bullets as part of a plan to reduce crime. Do you consider that an effective option as part of a larger plan?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 6,895 Votes
    Yes 305 4%
    No 6,590 96%
    Thank you for taking our informal survey. Refresh WBALTV.com and watch WBAL-TV 11 News for the latest Commitment 2011 updates.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/surveyresults/detail.html#ixzz1SbbY5n8n

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Honestly...how many criminals do you run across that have more then one magazine. They usually have the one magazine that came in their stolen gun.

The good news...is any serious shooter can order ammo from the internet and by pass the stupid tax and save a lot of money.

Only one problem, when you live in Baltimore buying anything online is hard, because the UPS man can't leave a package at your front door. It would be gone in less than a minute. You would have to pick up your package at the distribution site.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    It's so stupid, I think it's a great idea! It will have these clowns scratching their heads after they tax the bullets and crime still doesn't go down.

That's not the way the Libtard mind works. If the crime rate doesn't go down, they will conclude that the tax is not high enough. So it will go up and up and up until the crime rate goes down, as things normally do from time to time. Then they will puff up their chests and claim credit for their "success." And, of course, use that as justification to raise the tax some more.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    That's not the way the Libtard mind works. If the crime rate doesn't go down, they will conclude that the tax is not high enough. So it will go up and up and up until the crime rate goes down, as things normally do from time to time. Then they will puff up their chests and claim credit for their "success." And, of course, use that as justification to raise the tax some more.

And to those who would vote him into office, they deserve one another.

Plinkey

Jan 25, 2011
    Baltimore City
    Only one problem, when you live in Baltimore buying anything online is hard, because the UPS man can't leave a package at your front door. It would be gone in less than a minute. You would have to pick up your package at the distribution site.

From what I've experienced this is false. In 5 years of living in the city I've had 1 package vanish. Ordered ammo plenty of times. Usually the UPS guy will just leave things out back unless a signature is required. USPS won't leave anything that doesn't fit in the mailbox though...but the post office is only about 2 miles away.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel

You forgot about declaring victory if the crime rates remain unchanged because they "stabilized" the rate and then arguing that the tax can never be removed or there will be a "bloodbath in the streets."

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    ETA: ...and I've never bought ammo in the city. Come to think of it, is there anywhere in the city TO buy ammo?

No one sells ammo in the city, including the lone Walmart. Only remaining FFL dealer in the city is Northwest Pawn on Penn Ave and they only sell used long guns.

MD=What 2nd Amendment?

S&W Fanboy. I admit it.
    Jun 3, 2011
    Allegany County
    http://www.wbaltv.com/news/28595846/detail.html

this state should have a short bus on its flag

This idiot is a jackass. People go out all the time and buy guns that are registered to them and buy bullets and go shoot the hell outta the town. :rolleyes:

This jackass has no idea about firearms thefts. All this is gonna do is give criminals a better reason to steal a law abiding citizens ammo.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Ok
    Let him pass $1 per bullet in Baltimore City.
    Who sells ammo in Baltimore City anyway?
    Are there any gun shops left in the city?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Ok
    Let him pass $1 per bullet in Baltimore City.
    Who sells ammo in Baltimore City anyway?
    Are there any gun shops left in the city?

Thats all well and good, but we don't need the precedent set. Then all the other idiots in Annapolis will start to think it's a good idea.
    These things need to be nipped in the bud, no matter where they happen.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    If I shoot an intruder with a "taxed bullet", can I then deduct the $1 from my gross income for tax puroses?
    :lol2:

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    If this kind of idiotic idea ever made it to the Amos 'n Andy show, people would never believe that any comedy writer would ever propose something this stupid. Not even Kingfish or Calhoun could propose something like this with a straight face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom