• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So Delegate Luiz Simmons (D-Montgomery County) wants the MSP to go on a witch hunt twice a year, to confiscate firearms!?!?!

Mr H

Banana'd

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I don't really get this. It would seem to me that one of the things the police would check now upon a felony conviction is whether the person has registered firearms.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That's an old article. The bill was HB0090 and it went nowhere. Stay vigilant so that it doesn't return next session

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=hb0090&stab=01&ys=2014RS

This.

Several of us blew up the lines fighting the idiocy of that bill.

It was nothing more than a way to have an indefinite lookback to retroactively disqualify people from ownership.

The current bill is HB0623

Entitled........: Public Safety - Criminal Justice Information System - Integration With Maryland Automated Firearms System
    Sponsored by: Delegate Simmons
    Status.........: In the House - Hearing 3/04 at 1:00 p.m.​
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=hb0623&stab=01&ys=2014RS

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The current bill is HB0623

Entitled........: Public Safety - Criminal Justice Information System - Integration With Maryland Automated Firearms System
    Sponsored by: Delegate Simmons
    Status.........: In the House - Hearing 3/04 at 1:00 p.m.​
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=hb0623&stab=01&ys=2014RS

DC-W got the bills mixed up, this is also the old bill, and as Mr. H noted, we did a nice job on the phones and via e-mail to defeat this bill this year. It was part of the marathon, 8 hour, gun bill day.

But as Mr. H stated we need to stay vigilant so this doesn't come back next year.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    10% of MD gun owners are felons?

Well, I always KNEW there were Democrat gun owners.... (DINOs not included).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    DC-W got the bills mixed up, this is also the old bill, and as Mr. H noted, we did a nice job on the phones and via e-mail to defeat this bill this year. It was part of the marathon, 8 hour, gun bill day.

But as Mr. H stated we need to stay vigilant so this doesn't come back next year.

Hadn't had my coffee yet :rolleyes:

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    That wouldn’t surprise me. They have made it so hard to get a firearm in this state that it makes sense that only criminals will have them. They don’t have to jump through all the BS hoops that normal citizens do.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Previoysly non-regulated long guns and shotguns aren't registered. Any gun, even handguns, obtained through out-of-state c&r is not registered. (c&r handguns transferred WITHIN Maryland would have a 77r and therefore would be registered.)
    (updated to reflect "non-regulated" - all long guns now are non-regulated and thus not registered - damn Maryland convoluted crap mess laws)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Just an opinion not a fact and nothing to back it up but I'd say....from what I've seen.....that I'll probably agree 10% of gun owners in general are felons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom