• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    I've been a registered Republican for 22 years but have decided to join the "Democrat In Name Only" thing.

I need help with a few things...

1) Easiest way to change my registration to "Democrat".

2) When I actually go to vote in the primaries, who EXACTLY am I voting AGAINST & FOR on the State & County/local level (Cecil County).
    -Sheriff
    -Judges
    -Various Representitves, etc...
    I know almost nothing about any candidate but am looking to vote OUT the jerkoffs who got SB281 thru & vote IN 2A friendly ones.

3) How to change registration BACK to Republican after elections are over in November OR just keep being registered Democrat? Is there a limit how many times I can change back/forth in a certain period of time?

Any help is appreciated as I said... I pay little attention to politics but hope to get this state back in the "Red"

Thanks in advance.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I changed to a DINO a few years ago. I get their information sent to me, so I can keep a close eye on my enemy. All this allows you to do is vote against someone in the primaries. It doesn't change anything for the general elections.

As far as who to vote for, I'd say vote for anyone but the incumbent.

HTH,
    Jim Smith

Mr H

Banana'd
    Most of your questions should be answered here

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366

As for switching back? That would be your call.

Changing to DINO is to take advantage of the closed primary system in MD, to upset the D applecart from within. Once the general elections come about, affiliation won't matter to the individual nearly as much as it will to the party bosses.

Just pulling examples out of dark places, so don't hang your hat on this...

Assume that, with DINOs, the D primary turns out 80% of the voters, but then come the general, 60% of all votes cast are for conservative/Republican candidates. Maryland wants no part of going to an open primary system, so they are stuck scratching their heads.

Now, the real trick in all this is going to be garnering the numbers of DINOs we will need to make this really effective, and turn over enough seats in the GA to make a difference in the 2015 session. Getting a Governor would be a huge bonus, but just getting a GA that can build on the past 2-3 years' momentum is the key.

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    2) When I actually go to vote in the primaries, who EXACTLY am I voting AGAINST & FOR on the State & County/local level (Cecil County).
    -Sheriff
    -Judges
    I know almost nothing about any candidate but am looking to vote OUT the jerkoffs who got SB281 thru & vote IN 2A friendly ones.

Your vote is your decision. I would urge you to learn about the candidates rather than just voting on how people tell you. Of course, you are welcome to decide to just vote how someone tells you to. Like I said, it's your choice.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Your vote is your decision. I would urge you to learn about the candidates rather than just voting on how people tell you. Of course, you are welcome to decide to just vote how someone tells you to. Like I said, it's your choice.

I know that it's my choice... Just looking for opinions on your guys choices & why...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I know that it's my choice... Just looking for opinions on your guys choices & why...

Make sure you want your elected official out of office first. DINO is not wanted in some areas. If you have a great Republican in your district, DON'T DO THE DINO.

Just my opinion, but I would vote for the Democrat with the least amount of name recognition. This would help the Republican in the general election.

Thank you for finally seeing the light. I still talk to folks who are too thick to understand the DINO movement and it still amazes me.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    I've been a registered Republican for 22 years but have decided to join the "Democrat In Name Only" thing.

I need help with a few things...

1) Easiest way to change my registration to "Democrat".

-Sheriff
    -Judges

3) How to change registration BACK to Republican after elections are over in November OR just keep being registered Democrat? Is there a limit how many times I can change back/forth in a certain period of time?

Any help is appreciated as I said... I pay little attention to politics but hope to get this state back in the "Red"

Thanks in advance.
    My question is why did your decide to switch you party affiliation to democrat.? Cecil County is pretty solid republican territory and has been through many past elections. There are exceptions like Del. David Rudolph (D) who will be running unopposed in the District 35A (currently 34B) for the Democratic primary. Del. Rudolph is the only Democrat in Cecil County I can attest to knowing where he stands on issues. He did not vote for SB281, but it took nearly 400 citizens to rally in front of his district office in Rising Sun for him to finally commit to a position. He did in fact vote no, but from what I could tell he needed a little nudge from the constituents in his district. I’m still doing research on the Republican candidates for District 35A before making a choice.
    I was at the rally and so was candidate for Cecil County Sheriff Chris Sutton. As far as I know and could tell he was the only Republican candidate for Sheriff to attend the rally. I have spoken to him and can confirm is pro-2A. The Republican candidates for Sheriff all have very similar platforms so it will be the minor details to persuade people one way or another. The Cecil Campaign for Liberty organized the rally against SB281 and they do have few members running for county seats in the Republican primary. I'll elaborate later on those individuals.
    In the Senate District 35, which is the newly formed district (currently 34) for the next election that is currently held by Sen Nancy Jacobs, Wayne Norman is running. He is endorsed by Sen Jacobs who is pro-2A and is retiring from public service. This will be a hit to the 2A community.
    As far as county council districts go I would not vote in any Democrat or the current incumbent RINO’s. Joyce A. Bowlsbey, Michael Dunn, and Diana Broomell all need to go. They are for Common Core and have continually voted for the tax increases on the residents. As stated before the pro-2A group Cecil Campaign for Liberty is running for county council districts. Their members running are Chris Zeauskas and Robert J. Willick. I believe Mike A. Dawson is also a member of the Cecil Campaign for Liberty and is running for a council seat
    I am sorry I could not elaborate on the Democratic candidates in Cecil County, except for Rudolph. The DINO movement is primarily aimed at the counties/districts (Prince George, Montgomery, Howard, parts of Baltimore, and Baltimore City) that have unfortunately controlled the state in the General Assembly. Some of the current GA members have only won by a few hundred votes and the idea is to vote against the incumbent in the primary then for the person who truly needs to win in the general election.

Check at the links below for the sample Ballot, current members of the GA and county council.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/primary_ballots/cecil.pdf

http://mdelect.net

http://www.ccgov.org/council

Hope this sheds some light on the races in the county

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    My question is why did your decide to switch you party affiliation to democrat.? Cecil County is pretty solid republican territory and has been through many past elections. There are exceptions like Del. David Rudolph (D) who will be running unopposed in the District 35A (currently 34B) for the Democratic primary. Del. Rudolph is the only Democrat in Cecil County I can attest to knowing where he stands on issues. He did not vote for SB281, but it took nearly 400 citizens to rally in front of his district office in Rising Sun for him to finally commit to a position. He did in fact vote no, but from what I could tell he needed a little nudge from the constituents in his district. I’m still doing research on the Republican candidates for District 35A before making a choice.
    I was at the rally and so was candidate for Cecil County Sheriff Chris Sutton. As far as I know and could tell he was the only Republican candidate for Sheriff to attend the rally. I have spoken to him and can confirm is pro-2A. The Republican candidates for Sheriff all have very similar platforms so it will be the minor details to persuade people one way or another. The Cecil Campaign for Liberty organized the rally against SB281 and they do have few members running for county seats in the Republican primary. I'll elaborate later on those individuals.
    In the Senate District 35, which is the newly formed district (currently 34) for the next election that is currently held by Sen Nancy Jacobs, Wayne Norman is running. He is endorsed by Sen Jacobs who is pro-2A and is retiring from public service. This will be a hit to the 2A community.
    As far as county council districts go I would not vote in any Democrat or the current incumbent RINO’s. Joyce A. Bowlsbey, Michael Dunn, and Diana Broomell all need to go. They are for Common Core and have continually voted for the tax increases on the residents. As stated before the pro-2A group Cecil Campaign for Liberty is running for county council districts. Their members running are Chris Zeauskas and Robert J. Willick. I believe Mike A. Dawson is also a member of the Cecil Campaign for Liberty and is running for a council seat
    I am sorry I could not elaborate on the Democratic candidates in Cecil County, except for Rudolph. The DINO movement is primarily aimed at the counties/districts (Prince George, Montgomery, Howard, parts of Baltimore, and Baltimore City) that have unfortunately controlled the state in the General Assembly. Some of the current GA members have only won by a few hundred votes and the idea is to vote against the incumbent in the primary then for the person who truly needs to win in the general election.

Check at the links below for the sample Ballot, current members of the GA and county council.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/primary_ballots/cecil.pdf

http://mdelect.net

http://www.ccgov.org/council

Hope this sheds some light on the races in the county

Just to get one thing straight... I am NOT a Democrat.

My values are more affiliated with a Republican... as which I a registered.

I know I cant do too much to change the way this state is going down the toilet as far as freedoms go but I heard of the "DINO" movement & thought it may be something I could do to throw a wrench in the system.

I know Cecil County is very Republican... this is a good thing.

If me changing my registration to Democrat wont help, believe me, I won't!!!

It will make me kinda sick to actually register Democrat.

I ask these questions cause I really don't know but want to help where I can.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    I never thought of you as Democrat. I just do not believe the DINO movement or changing your affiliation is going to make a difference in Cecil County.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    No problem. I really was never into politics either, but I have voted in every election since I was 18. Personally I have been trying to keep up on the politics, because I would love to see this state become a conservative stronghold. I personally appreciate you are taking time to examine the candidates. Many of my friends, family members, and co-workers will cry a river about Maryland's issues. When they tell me they didn't vote then I end the conversation. I tell them if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem if you didn't vote.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Just to get one thing straight... I am NOT a Democrat.

My values are more affiliated with a Republican... as which I a registered.

I know I cant do too much to change the way this state is going down the toilet as far as freedoms go but I heard of the "DINO" movement & thought it may be something I could do to throw a wrench in the system.

I know Cecil County is very Republican... this is a good thing.

If me changing my registration to Democrat wont help, believe me, I won't!!!

It will make me kinda sick to actually register Democrat.

I ask these questions cause I really don't know but want to help where I can.

I have been a DINO in Cecil County since before DINO was invented. I tell people I am neither Republican nor Democrat I am a Conservative and vote conservative regardless of party. Cecil is pretty good Republican territory but often there is only one republican running for any particular office, as a DINO I can vote in the Democratic primary for the least liberal candidate so if the republican loses the general election the Democrat will be less liberal. In Cecil County being a DINO can help more in some of the local races and since many state politicians start as local politicians making the local offices more conservative can only help.

I don't bother changing my party back because the Democrats keep spending their money sending me advertisements and asking for donations they will never get. Also remaining registered Dem. messes up their Gerrymandering of districts. Finally when you write the legislature in Annapolis and your letter begins "I am a registered Democrat and I vote ...." they will pay more attention to your opinion, and I know they check the registration of people who write them.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Make sure you want your elected official out of office first. DINO is not wanted in some areas. If you have a great Republican in your district, DON'T DO THE DINO.

Just my opinion, but I would vote for the Democrat with the least amount of name recognition. This would help the Republican in the general election.

Thank you for finally seeing the light. I still talk to folks who are too thick to understand the DINO movement and it still amazes me.

I think DINO is okay in the above mentioned scenario if that Republican is running unopposed in the primary election. EG: 3 available (R) spots in the General Election for the House of Delegates seats in any given district, and only 3 (R) candidates are running for the seats. For those situations, the (R) candidate will make it to the general election and you will still be able to vote for her/him then.
    Now if you have more (R) candidates running than there are seats, that is a potentially a different story. Depending on what chances the (R) candidates have of winning the General Election, this can get complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom