• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    The whole point is that an 80% ISN'T registered, so when someone like Beto is elected, they CAN"T just come and take it. So kindly Fck off and leave my guns alone.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The whole point is that an 80% ISN'T registered, so when someone like Beto is elected, they CAN"T just come and take it. So kindly Fck off and leave my guns alone.

People who think that they cannot find you simply because you have an 80% are fooling themselves. Credit card companies and banks track every purchase, and thanks to 9-11 they are deeply embedded in "suspicious activity" monitoring. That barrel or upper, muzzle device, trigger, stock, and ammo are all on record as purchases. They can simply pull up a search on anything related to firearms you might have bought, thanks to Big Data. Easy Peasy, game over. Of course a lot of people with 80% around here also have suppressors, lol. So they know about you. Of course, you also cannot use an illegal weapon in self defense without risking going to jail yourself.

The idea that they cannot find your gun simply because its 80% is mostly internet legend.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    People who think that they cannot find you simply because you have an 80% are fooling themselves. Credit card companies and banks track every purchase, and thanks to 9-11 they are deeply embedded in "suspicious activity" monitoring. That barrel or upper, muzzle device, trigger, stock, and ammo are all on record as purchases. They can simply pull up a search on anything related to firearms you might have bought, thanks to Big Data. Easy Peasy, game over. Of course a lot of people with 80% around here also have suppressors, lol. So they know about you. Of course, you also cannot use an illegal weapon in self defense without risking going to jail yourself.

The idea that they cannot find your gun simply because its 80% is mostly internet legend.
    Not if you pay in cash!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Not if you pay in cash!

If you live your entire "firearms life" in cash, perhaps. That includes everything paying cash for everything firearms related. Also turn off your phone before you leave for the FFL/gun show. And don't have any of those 80% or parts or ammo shipped to your house, there is a record of that too.

I feel 100% confident I could identify the address of 99.5% of gun owners in Maryland with a simple program accessing bank and GPS/shipment data.

And also, even easier, internet forum posts, lololololol...

Have you ever purchased 80% components online? I doubt it because the crap you just posted is bull$h*t..parts are invoiced generically, there are no records of what was shipped...when I get a box the packing slip doesn't say "80% lowers" (which would be the only part that would be 80%) the credit card transaction is also generic...I have never seen the words 80% on any of my dozens of orders...

I've been building 80% firearms for several years now and you're just wrong...completely, utterly incorrect...

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Could they catch people with 80% that way? You bet. But there is a big difference between a dealer record, or registration that is being proposed, and making the government go though as much effort as physically possible. I have bought (and sold), many 80%'s (raw 80%, no work done). How many did I finish myself and keep? Did I bury any? How much money, time, and effort would the govt have to spend to track down and confiscate several hundred thousand (at the very least) "unregistered" firearms? The only reason they want them registered is that they can come back and take them latter. If they become illegal, whats to stop people from "going all the way" and just converting them to full auto? Most 80% builders have the technical knowledge, skills and equipment to make the required modifications and parts. The only reason they do not is there desire to remain law abiding.

Build LOTS of 80%'s and make there job as hard as possible.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    As I posted here years ago and was soundly criticized for....The NRA is now in the game for one thing.....money...they don't give a rat's ass about your 2A rights...

Yup. And who does the 80% market take money from.

The manufacturers that the NRA really represents/lobbying for.

Yup. And who does the 80% market take money from.

The manufacturers that the NRA really represents/lobbying for.

I hadn't even thought about that...very good point. If King was right, you would see crimes being committed with 80%s all the time...they aren't...

his argument is exactly the same logic that the left uses trying to justify gun control foe law abiding citizens. We need to take away the guns from law abiding gun owners so they don't fall into the hands of criminals. He just handed the left their next target and the talking point to justify it....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Have you ever purchased 80% components online? I doubt it because the crap you just posted is bull$h*t..parts are invoiced generically, there are no records of what was shipped...when I get a box the packing slip doesn't say "80% lowers" (which would be the only part that would be 80%) the credit card transaction is also generic...I have never seen the words 80% on any of my dozens of orders...

I've been building 80% firearms for several years now and you're just wrong...completely, utterly incorrect...

Yes, yes, and you are living in the 20th century don't understand the modern post-911 financial system. If you think the .gov cannot find out simply because your bank statement is non-descript you are dumber than a box of rocks a room full of Bernie Sanders supporters. Easy to track you down as pie. I may know a thing or three about what I am talking about. For you, I dont even need your bank statements or shipment info, I have every post on every forum you've ever made on a cloud server forever. Bragging about how many 80% lowers you have on the internet... You are practically the easiest to track down.

Could they catch people with 80% that way? You bet. But there is a big difference between a dealer record, or registration that is being proposed, and making the government go though as much effort as physically possible. I have bought (and sold), many 80%'s (raw 80%, no work done). How many did I finish myself and keep? Did I bury any? How much money, time, and effort would the govt have to spend to track down and confiscate several hundred thousand (at the very least) "unregistered" firearms? The only reason they want them registered is that they can come back and take them latter. If they become illegal, whats to stop people from "going all the way" and just converting them to full auto? Most 80% builders have the technical knowledge, skills and equipment to make the required modifications and parts. The only reason they do not is there desire to remain law abiding.

Build LOTS of 80%'s and make there job as hard as possible.

In 1968 or 1996 there was a big difference between a dealer record and some other sort of financial or social media record. In the 21st century with all the Big Data held by banks, google, Amazon, and facebook, not so much.

Sure, bury them and hope when they come they dont have metal detectors.

Just keep in mind the second you go to use them you are toast.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Do you go to YouTube and look at how to videos on completing 80% frames? Did you Google different slides to put on that frame? Do you go on Amazon and buy parts? When you go to a store or gun show, do you bring your phone with you?
    The sad reality is that we are no longer in a privacy era. We are in a big data era. Your profile as a gun owner is known by multiple companies. If ever confiscation became a reality, they wouldn't care exactly what gun you have. All they would need to know is that you have a profile of a gun owner, and what your address is.
    Danb is correct. There is no s such thing as privacy any more. The only reason why you have the illusion of privacy now is bc you aren't important enough for anyone to care about you.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    If I were to build an 80%, something that I have never done, I sure as hell would not buy from any of the websites that have 80 percent in their name. I know it can still be tracked but if you order from someone like Brownell's they have to actually look at the order to see if it contained anything. I have also seen piles of kits for sale at gun shows where you can pay cash.
    Places like India are trying to completely remove cash from the system and I am sure many here in the west would love that as well.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    He should also speak out about criminals stealing guns!!!

A leftist "friend" of mine actually said that we shouldn't have ARs (and probably guns in general, but she didn't go that far) because criminals can steal them. That was one of her arguments. :sad20:

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    That's the stupidest thing i ever heard. The criminals don't spend time and effort building their custom guns, they either steal or buy black guns off the street.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    That's the stupidest thing i ever heard. The criminals don't spend time and effort building their custom guns, they either steal or buy black guns off the street.

I agree they don't...however, the other opinion is that you can have someone build them for the criminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom