• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 19, 2019
    Pasadena
    Good morning all! I am new to this forum but have always loved guns. Recently moved to MD a couole years ago and not sure what to expect at this show. Can anyone tell me if I plan on buying one today will I be able to leave with it the same day?
    Thank you for any help!

Oct 19, 2019
    Pasadena
    Forgive me..very new to this and using my phome that is super small, hard to navigate things sometimes. Sorry for no introduction.
    Name is john and live in Pasadena. I hope y all can forgive my forwardness with the question right out the gate. I love long hikes thru the Adirondacks, sunsets on the beach and fishing with my kids.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Long guns are 4473, NICS check and pay the man - out the door.

Handguns are HQL, e77r, PIN #, pay the man, wait 8 days, go to the shop, 4473/NICS - out the door.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    no different at a gun show with an FFL as with going to their shop. Same with individual. No such thing as gunshow loophole.
    Basics:
    Long gun/shot gun you will be able to leave with it. (FFL/gun shop will do background check and 4473)
    Handgun will require MSP application and 7 day wait.

If you are a prohibited person, don't even bother.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Thank you! This made my day!

AND....next week there is the York Pa. Show. Not too bad of a drive from Pasadena. What you don't find at Timonium, you may find at York. The same rules for long guns (that are otherwise permitted here in the Free State). Handguns, you'll need all of the Maryland oppressive sh*t, plus you'll need a dealer to do the transfer to a Maryland dealer, where, 8-10 days later, you can pick up your gun. :sad20::sad20:

Timonium is a usually a nice show. York is a much bigger show than Timonium and it is held in "Free America." :party29:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Hmm

Forgive me..very new to this and using my phome that is super small, hard to navigate things sometimes. Sorry for no introduction.
    Name is john and live in Pasadena. I hope y all can forgive my forwardness with the question right out the gate. I love long hikes thru the Adirondacks, sunsets on the beach and fishing with my kids.

And Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain?

Seriously, what the others have said. Good luck

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    AND....next week there is the York Pa. Show. Not too bad of a drive from Pasadena. What you don't find at Timonium, you may find at York. The same rules for long guns (that are otherwise permitted here in the Free State). Handguns, you'll need all of the Maryland oppressive sh*t, plus you'll need a dealer to do the transfer to a Maryland dealer, where, 8-10 days later, you can pick up your gun. :sad20::sad20:

Timonium is a usually a nice show. York is a much bigger show than Timonium and it is held in "Free America." :party29:

Yes, and is my favorite show for many reasons. Timonium not so much..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom