• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Next up is the Bel Air American Legion gun show, 11-13 Oct at the Bel Air American Legion. If you are able to volunteer please send an e-mail to events at marylandshallissue with a .org

Bel Air American Legion
    500 N. Hickory Lane, Bel Air
    11-13 October

Show open to the public:
    Friday - 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
    Saturday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Friday 11 Oct
    4:30 - 9:00 PM
    1. ShafTed
    2. Art3

Saturday 12 Oct
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
    1. Michael B.
    2. Oddway Otts
    3. Biggfoot44

1:00 - 5:00 PM
    1. Biggfoot44
    2. chesapeakeIRON

Sunday 13 Oct
    9:00 AM - noon
    1. Hal N.
    2. Mule

noon - 3:00 PM
    1. ShafTed

If you're a first-timer, there is good info here:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ry/4-public-documents/56-msi-show-primer-2018

Volunteers get free admission to the show. (And there's nothing to prevent a little shopping before or after your shift.) Another thing worth mentioning, some vendors, upon seeing you have a vendor badge, will give a few $$ off a purchase. Not all vendors will do this, but it could be an added bonus for volunteers.

MSI now also has a volunteer incentive program, if you volunteer for a total of four shifts at gun shows (all day Saturday or Sunday counts as two shifts) you will get a FREE membership renewal!

Last edited:

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Can't make Saturday work, unfortunately, but can do Sunday morning.

Last edited:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I can't believe alllll the local MSI members are shooting steel at AGC with me Saturday...there's got to be somebody available :shrug:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Michael is doing Saturday morning, don't leave him there alone! His presence insures you will have a good time as well as learning a lot.
    :party29:
    He is an excellent mentor for anybody new to the gig who is maybe a little uncertain what it's all about.:innocent0

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm in, albeit an hour or so after opening .

This is a great show for first timers to get their feet wet .

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Michael is doing Saturday morning, don't leave him there alone! His presence insures you will have a good time as well as learning a lot.

I just joined about 3 hours ago at the show. :D Despite the best efforts of Art3 & Shafted(?), I still don't know much, but I can be there for a couple hours Saturday morning (yes, the wife released me from my morning obligations). :o

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Much thanks to all our intrepid volunteers!

(And a special welcome to brand new MSI member and first-time volunteer Oddway Otts!)

Change of plans for me, I can stick around and close up if needed as well so I’ll be there for the afternoon.

I’ll also be bring Along Oldline44 with me to help out who is excited to help out and will represent MSI well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I just joined about 3 hours ago at the show. :D Despite the best efforts of Art3 & Shafted(?), I still don't know much, but I can be there for a couple hours Saturday morning (yes, the wife released me from my morning obligations). :o

I'm proud of you for doing this, Dad! :mdpatriot I know dealing with "the public" like this is way out of your comfort zone, but it is for an important cause. Heck, I still feel out of my comfort zone doing it :shrug:

You already got to see Howard in action, and it looks like you will have both Michael Burke AND Biggfoot44 working with you tomorrow...so your training should be complete by lunchtime ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom