• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

Slarson92

Jun 7, 2019
    HQL Training Exempt
    Applied-5-29-2019
    Active-6-11-2019

So I’ll try to make this as short as possible which isn’t possible. First ill introduce myself so any negative comments can at least properly address me. My names Sam, I’m 27 years old and a very hard working, honest young man.. I’ve been with the same company for 11 years where I started as a helper and now I’m a licensed journeyman, running a crew of 3-4 men, and all except 1 are at least 10-30 years older than me. That being said Im not here to boast, brag, or give a how to get your hql with cds and 2nd degree assault charges(yes charges! NOT A CONVICTION)..

All I want is to share my story and maybe help someone to take the first steps towards “ACQUIRING” their 2nd amendment right as I did after receiving charges but not a conviction. Now let me list my charges and the dates in which they happened and then I will explain them.

Charge #1
    Arrested:3-11-2016
    -CDS:POSSESS-NOT MARIJUANA
    -CDS:POSS PARAPHERNALIA
    -CDS:ADMIN EQUIP POSS/DIST
    DISPOSITION: STET on 05-12-2016

Charge #2
    Arrested on 06-18-2017
    ASSAULT- SEC DEGREE
    DISPOSITION: NOLLE PROSEQUI ON 09-22-2017

Now both arrests involve the same crazy person who was a high school acquaintance we will call DARVAN(not his real name but it’s close and I went to GLENELG HIGH where he was arrested in class on a separate occasion which can be found online) We never saw eye to eye, all stemming from his basically open drug use and seeing as I was all about sports, girls, and school we didn’t see eye to eye. Well after high school we ran into each other at a mutual friends going away party. I had gotten a ride there and had work in the morning and needed a ride home and seeing as my ride had found a female friend and couldn’t be bothered I had to find a new ride. Well I stopped drinking alcohol at a young age and was usually the only sober person at any given party and I take notice when someone else isn’t drinking and Darvan hadn’t drank all night and he had talked about being clean for a long time and how he cleaned his act up, got a car, a job, and was back in college. we sorta made amends over our differing views in high school. And because of that I didn’t think twice when he offered me a ride home seeing as he hadn’t drank, he said he was clean, and I only lived 2.7 miles away from the party. Well oh boy was I wrong.

It wasn’t even a 1/4 mile out of the neighborhood before howard county’s finest hit us with the red and blues and at first I was like whew good thing he’s sober and I’m sober. I hadn’t even completed the thought about being sober before Darvan is crying on the phone with his mom yelling at me that he possibly has a warrant out for his arrest. Little did I know that was the least of my worries, it was seconds before we were out of the car with the k9s on the way. The dogs hit on his car and boy did my stomach flip. I had just remembered it was Friday. I had gotten paid half my paycheck In cash and hadn’t gotten to the bank to deposit the check or the cash and it was in my pocket. They started pulling about 100 needles, spoons, and other pieces of paraphernalia all around the car. From the trunk, under my seat, his, stashed in every nook and cranny, in the glove box, behind the radio, everywhere. They then pulled out what they thought was heroin. It later tested to be household flour! Darvan swore then it wasn’t heroin , which was the only truthful thing he said all night. Darvan admitted it all was all his to the police and screamed and cried to his mom on speaker phone telling her to help him. But We both were arrested and charged with everything in the car. Because everything was In reach but not visible to me, and because I had a large amount of cash in my pocket(PAYCHECK!) along with a sandwich baggy from lunch(pb&j stains and all) that they claimed was probably gunna be used for the sale of drugs! Needless to say Darvan and me spent the night in jail and his true colors came out. He started withdrawing mid night. And blamed me for it all which shows how quixotic his thinking really was. After we got out every time I saw him out in public he would curse me out, yell and threaten me with spells and witchcraft. He even threatened to poison my dogs. The judge put me on a stet docket because he saw right through darvan who has multiple cds charges and believed what I was saying about darvans lying about being clean which got me in his car.

Well things died down for awhile until Father’s Day when I was pumping gas and he pulled up and started the same old crazy talk. I hopped in my car and he followed me so I turned into a neighborhood, pulled to the side and hopped out. He sped by and slowly drove around the turn around and pulled right up to me. After asking him why he blamed me for his drug use? Why he can’t own his mistakes? And then I asked if he could please stop with all the harassment and that’s when he got violent and even n vocal and I started to try to walk away. He then grabbed my wrist and pulled my arm into his vehicle while slicing across my bicep with a razor blade while screaming and then speeding away. Needless to say I went to the hospital and the police and filed a report. I got 28 stitches inside and out, and Darvan got arrested in a day or two.

So he’s in jail which he violated his probation from the first arrest. And was still let out in a day. After darvan was released he spoke to his lawyer who advised him to file a false police report with a fabricated story in hopes of the police acting on it. Which they did. And after a warrant out for my arrest and then being arrested in front of my young nephew and family I was taking to jail for apparently making him fear for his life and assaulting him while he was in a moving car. Ya I know pretty impressive right? His lawyer was also hoping it would then just be his word against mine and a real possibility for everything being thrown out. Which it was. Even though I had evidence he had a hand written fake story

Obviously I was not convicted of anything. But I was arrested and charged with multiple disqualifying crimes. And even placed on a stet docket for the one charge. I haven’t yet started the expungement process for both charges but will eventually. I was told by my lawyer that it was not going to be an issue. I also purchased a few long guns after my stet had run its course just to make sure that there were no hiccups. Which there were none.
    Now I know I’m not a criminal and I know I’ve never been involved in anything even remotely criminal but my record would at first glance appear to say differently. But case search doesn’t give the entire story. And everyone’s is different. Hope this helps an eligible person to take the steps toward receiving permission from Maryland to exercise our 2nd amendment rights. And I’m sorry but an HQL is a violation of our 2nd amendment. And i fear it won’t stop until each and every citizen is disenfranchised and stripped of our freedoms given to us by our forefathers.

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    Hello Everyone I apologize if this is off topic. I submitted my HQL yesterday and I believe I accidentally answered yes to one of the questions which will effect the outcome. Is there anyway to go back in and review answers then resubmit?????

JBoone

Nov 17, 2019
    Montgomery county, MD
    Applied on 11/13. Still waiting for any little thing to happen on the license page. Don’t know if the are backed up due to the holidays or what. Used a handgun I previously purchased before all this load of bull.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Applied on 11/13. Still waiting for any little thing to happen on the license page. Don’t know if the are backed up due to the holidays or what. Used a handgun I previously purchased before all this load of bull.

Screenshot your progress page as it progresses, once it is approved, all those checkmarks go away and you just see a statement tat you hace an HQL.

Riq22

Nov 12, 2019
    I applied on 10/23 for HQL got approved 11 days later on 11/3. Received my HQL card in the mail on 11/8. Made my gun purchase on 11/9 and picked it up this weekend 11/16.

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    How often does the website update to check status? Some sites usually update overnight... is this the same?

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    Got a letter coming from dept of public safety and criminal justice is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom