Looking for Winchester Model 70 stock(s)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    Since they're pre '64, I figured I'd ask here...

I fell into a pile of (mostly) pre 64 Model 70's, two of which are in .30-06 with factory heavy barrels that are in very nice shape both inside and out.

The reason behind this request is that I also have a 10x Unertl that's been looking for a project and decided to build one or two Vietnam era M70 clones.

Now I'm on the hunt for a pre '64 long action model 70 marksman stock in Walnut. I've looked at Boyds but from their descriptions, I can't figure out if they have the stock I need...
    If anyone can point me in the right direction for an original or a copy, I'd appreciate it.

Dave

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Since they're pre '64, I figured I'd ask here...

I fell into a pile of (mostly) pre 64 Model 70's, two of which are in .30-06 with factory heavy barrels that are in very nice shape both inside and out.

The reason behind this request is that I also have a 10x Unertl that's been looking for a project and decided to build one or two Vietnam era M70 clones.

Now I'm on the hunt for a pre '64 long action model 70 marksman stock in Walnut. I've looked at Boyds but from their descriptions, I can't figure out if they have the stock I need...
    If anyone can point me in the right direction for an original or a copy, I'd appreciate it.

Dave

Sorry, I can't help you. But, if I was going to take a fall, I wouldn't mind it being into a pile of Pre-64's!!!!

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    Ya, it's was pretty cool.

There's also a post 64 in .308 already blueprinted and set up for XTC high power, with a Jewell trigger, Hart stainless barrel in a MacMillan stock. I may have to shoot a match with it just for fun. On second thought, maybe 88 rounds of .30 cal. through a bolt gun wouldn't be that much fun...

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom