• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Starting 3/12/19 Oxford Gun Club will resume it's Tuesday night 5 Stand/Sporting Clays nights!

If you are a new shooter/new to clay target games, Oxford is a great place to get started or re-kindle your interests!

We have a new Field Captain taking over Tuesdays this year and she is no stranger to the sport! We have no doubt there will be both challenging and interesting presentations along with help and support for shooters of all levels.

Make no mistake, this Club is known for having a WIDE array of shooters. From literally one time best in the world shooters and guys practicing for the US Open this spring all the way down to folks bringing their kids to take some of their first shots at moving targets.

Things usually start up around 4PM or so, wrap up under the lights around 8PM depending on turn out.

Feel free to stop by, we are open the public, membership is not required but is encouraged (cheaper cost per round with paid membership)

Oxford Gun Club
    880 Chrome Road
    Oxford, PA 19363
    https://oxfordgunclub.org/

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Monday Morning nudge.

Oxford also hosts Rimfire Challenge shoots throughout the good weather months.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I am seriously considering getting into the rimfire shoots here. I keep hearing about them and need to check them out.

Me too. Dumb part is I've been both a Member and also field captain / RSO up there over the past 5 years along with filling in when people go MIA on their duties from time to time.

Little bit of anxiety of the unknown maybe also, I have done very little pistol and rifle shooting compared to shotgun.

March 16th is their next rimfire shoot.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Don't be shy, you know you want to try it out. I have yet to meet someone who shot a round of sporting clays and didn't have a big smile on their face at least a few times.

This is not my video, but, kinda cool. I remember seeing the gentlemen with the shotkam, it's likely during this era he shot some targets set by your truly!

[YT]LWW8isHJ268[/YT]

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Don't be shy, you know you want to try it out. I have yet to meet someone who shot a round of sporting clays and didn't have a big smile on their face at least a few times.

This is not my video, but, kinda cool. I remember seeing the gentlemen with the shotkam, it's likely during this era he shot some targets set by your truly!

[YT]LWW8isHJ268[/YT]
    Any thoughts on another "iron man" shoot?

Been there, done that, loved it!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Any thoughts on another "iron man" shoot?

Been there, done that, loved it!!!
    Might be thinking of the "fun shoots" we used to have, Trap, Skeet and Sporting during the same event? That takes a lot of volunteers to pull off, I think the Membership lost interest. If you are thinking of the same event, that was actually done mostly as a "Member Appreciation" gig (free or damn near to paid Members).

Funny you should ask, I just shot Suddlersville Skeet Club on Sunday, they do a GREAT job at this type of event.

25 Trap
    25 Skeet
    25 5 Stand

....... all for $25 bucks including a pork chop, chips, soda AND $5 dollar of your entry goes into a Lewis.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Might be thinking of the "fun shoots" we used to have, Trap, Skeet and Sporting during the same event? That takes a lot of volunteers to pull off, I think the Membership lost interest. If you are thinking of the same event, that was actually done mostly as a "Member Appreciation" gig (free or damn near to paid Members).

Funny you should ask, I just shot Suddlersville Skeet Club on Sunday, they do a GREAT job at this type of event.

25 Trap

25 Skeet

25 5 Stand

....... all for $25 bucks including a pork chop, chips, soda AND $5 dollar of your entry goes into a Lewis.

Yes, that was the game!!

Back in the day I shot a tournament that consisted of 50 Skeet at Sudlersville and 50 Sporting Clays at J & P. Ran my first 25 straight on the back half of the Skeet....after a 24 on the front half.....missed high house one and ran 49 straight!!!!

I was just on Sudlersville's site, and as I said that was back in the day, and I just found out they moved!!! They were located behind the Southern States silos just east of town back then.

....and I really miss J & P!!!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yes, that was the game!!

Back in the day I shot a tournament that consisted of 50 Skeet at Sudlersville and 50 Sporting Clays at J & P. Ran my first 25 straight on the back half of the Skeet....after a 24 on the front half.....missed high house one and ran 49 straight!!!!

No better time than now to fire back up an old addiction!:D

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    There were some excellent targets last night!

Stop by Sunday Morning for a full 100 bird sporting course through the woods. Never shot? Have no fear! Everyone has to start somewhere, spring is around the corner, shotgun sports goes great with warm weather and short sleeves!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Spring is upon us! Don't miss out on a good time shooting a few rounds with great people!

New or rusty shooters welcome. We have new(ish) and young shooters out pretty much every week.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    SHHHH.....DON’T TELL ANYONE.......IT’S A BUNNY SHOOT!!! ;)

Oxford Gun Club is having a bunny shoot
    Tuesday, April 16th beginning at 4:00 PM.
    An Easter Basket will be raffled off for everyone who
    shoots a round on Tuesday night. The drawing will
    be held at 8:00 PM Tuesday night. You do not
    have to be present to win.
    (Normal 5 station sporting will also be available.)

The bunny shoot will be shot as a skeet round with a Jack Rabbit from the High house, and a Cottontail from the Low house, using
    stations 1-7.

Hope to see you there!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Heathens that missed the Easter festivities are still welcome to stop by for our regular Tuesday 5 Stand events! Rather a little slower paced shooting, come up on Thursdays for Skeet/Wobble Trap!

Open to the public, new shooters,.... women and children welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom