• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    FFL or not, the person without the computer still needed computer access to get their HQL, didn't they?

I got a Not Disapproved email this morning from MSP as a private "secondary" seller....it says go to "link" to proceed/complete transfer, but original 77R filing was last Saturday, which by my math makes this the 7th day, not 8th?

They release it on the morning of the 7th day.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    not disapproved email this morning... seems like this new process is working well, at least for this transaction... is there is an option for someone that does not have the internet ? I know it's crazy but I actually know some people that don't own a computer.

p.s. - I love new gun days.
    You will need at least an email account to get pin number associated with application..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Good thing to see we are all being trained so nicely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 244

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    They release it on the morning of the 7th day.

They? They meaning MSP, or they meaning the seller/FFL?

The email "looks" to say that I am good to go...

Dear 71Chevelle427,

Congratulations. Application, 2017016xxx, has been Not Disapproved by the Maryland State Police. Please contact your Buyer, "Gun Buyer Guy", to arrange transfer of the firearm. Please be aware that Maryland Public Safety Article 5-124(c) requires the transfer of the regulated firearm within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as being Not Disapproved.

Click the following link to complete the sale of your weapon: Complete firearm transfer.

Thank you,
    The Maryland State Police,
    Licensing Division

BUT....
    everything we've been "trained" to do previously, says different...

This my 1st "Electronic 77R" since it started, and I am the "seller".
    Just tried calling the Licensing Division, and as per the jist of the recording, "There are no Licensing Division employees available to take your call"...

I told buyer we will have to complete the transfer on Monday, since the 8th day, which is tomorrow, Sunday, is not an "approved" day to do so...

Really no wonder why so many people simply choose to just roll on out of this state, and start over, instead of fighting so many different losing battles. :mad54:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They? They meaning MSP, or they meaning the seller/FFL?

The email "looks" to say that I am good to go...

BUT....
    everything we've been "trained" to do previously, says different...

This my 1st "Electronic 77R" since it started, and I am the "seller".
    Just tried calling the Licensing Division, and as per the jist of the recording, "There are no Licensing Division employees available to take your call"...

I told buyer we will have to complete the transfer on Monday, since the 8th day, which is tomorrow, Sunday, is not an "approved" day to do so...

Really no wonder why so many people simply choose to just roll on out of this state, and start over, instead of fighting so many different losing battles. :mad54:

The MSP sends you an email close to 6am on the 7th day. At that point, you are capable and legal to pick up your handgun as long as you are Not Disapproved.

But if the dealer want to wait until the 8th day, it's his show. But legally it can be released as soon as you get the No Disapproved email.

Clear as mud, isn't it?

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    The MSP sends you an email close to 6am on the 7th day. At that point, you are capable and legal to pick up your handgun as long as you are Not Disapproved.

But if the dealer want to wait until the 8th day, it's his show. But legally it can be released as soon as you get the No Disapproved email.

Clear as mud, isn't it?

I got mine at 5:59am to be exact. ;)

I guess in this case, it's "my show"...so it'll be the 9th day due to how the calender worked out.

Just to share...
    This was an MSP barracks transfer.
    I have dealt with this same Trooper multiple times.
    He said that NOT ONE TROOPER there had been officially "TRAINED" to do these transfers.
    He said that they all knew it was coming, and were told they'd all be trained.
    Lastly, he said (and I QUOTE) they have been just "winging it" and figuring it out as they go...

That being said, it was absolutely no faster/quicker than if we'd have been sitting there filling out the forms by hand, as before...

We arrived at barracks
    Buyer gave Trooper his application email
    We both gave required ID's
    Trooper came outside with me to record SN of firearm
    Trooper had to ask me at least 4 different details about the gun, that normally would have already been filled out. (barrel length, country of origin, full name of brand, color)
    Then the credit card payment, had to be hand entered, not swiped.
    Then...we sat, and sat....:innocent0
    Then told we were good to go, and would both get an email...

Not complaining at all about the MSP Trooper...in fact, I wrote a letter to his barrack commander, 6 months ago, (when we discovered that The Gun Shop sold me a stolen firearm), due to how he handled the whole situation...

Just sharing my experience, 2.5 months into the new process...which obviously still needs some work. :thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    no training? how very unprofessional but typical of management.

not blaming the troopers but management......

Attachments

• msp clown car.jpg
      msp clown car.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 231

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    to many pages... but is this web sight deal only if I am buying from a FFL???? if I am buying from another Maryland resident do we still just go to a MDSP barracks... or is it either way you need a account and start the app...I am asking since I got a account now, start the app, but got to page for seller's info which I don't have so how do go on to finish? give the seller the app #??

You need to start the app online before you head to the barracks. You will get a PIN that you need to take with you.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    your right... the PIN comes in e-mail once you get it ALL done... I just need more info from seller... thanks!!!

NOW that I have completed this I LIKE it.... unless once we get to the barracks there is even more crap to fill out.!!!lol

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    your right... the PIN comes in e-mail once you get it ALL done... I just need more info from seller... thanks!!!

NOW that I have completed this I LIKE it.... unless once we get to the barracks there is even more crap to fill out.!!!lol

Curious to hear how it works out for you. I did one a week ago, as a seller, and as far as the MSP barrack part, we were there just as long as if we were starting the whole handwritten process from scratch.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I think I may be experiencing an issue with the system. I filled out paperwork at the store last Monday 3/13 for a new handgun. I expected to have a "not disapproved" email this morning at 6:00 am but didn't have it. This is my third transfer since the new process went into place and it was exactly 7 days to receive the email. Did the online process change to be consistent with what the shops are saying that the day the paperwork is filled out doesn't count toward the 7 day waiting period?

I'm a little concerned as when my card was charged by the MSP, I got an email from my CC company asking if the charge was fraud. I immediately reported it as a good charge and it appears to have gone through as the $10 free is on my statement. I'm hoping that the application isn't stuck because the CC company flagged the charge at first.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think I may be experiencing an issue with the system. I filled out paperwork at the store last Monday 3/13 for a new handgun. I expected to have a "not disapproved" email this morning at 6:00 am but didn't have it. This is my third transfer since the new process went into place and it was exactly 7 days to receive the email. Did the online process change to be consistent with what the shops are saying that the day the paperwork is filled out doesn't count toward the 7 day waiting period?

I'm a little concerned as when my card was charged by the MSP, I got an email from my CC company asking if the charge was fraud. I immediately reported it as a good charge and it appears to have gone through as the $10 free is on my statement. I'm hoping that the application isn't stuck because the CC company flagged the charge at first.

Log back into the MSP portal. Sign in and you should see what stage your application is at presently. You can also click print your application. The application will appear and the condition of your application will be revealed there too.

Good luck!

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    actually this new way is a lot better then old way... you fill out everything with the on-line set up..they send yo e-mail when compler. print it out... don't forget the PIN they send you by e-mail, the Officer will need it to access your app.. go to the Barracks with it all and your C.C. for $10 fee. rest is the same... before we left Officer said it went through... NICE!!

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    actually this new way is a lot better then old way... you fill out everything with the on-line set up..they send yo e-mail when compler. print it out... don't forget the PIN they send you by e-mail, the Officer will need it to access your app.. go to the Barracks with it all and your C.C. for $10 fee. rest is the same... before we left Officer said it went through... NICE!!

Better than before? Really? 8 minutes to fill out a 77r and you were done. If this is your idea of better I'd hate to see your idea of worse.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    yeah, i think better......now a lot less wait time at Barracks, you filled out everything seating at your p/c before even get there....you don't have to wait in any line just to get the paperwork to start filling it out...the Officer ask if he can help you you just hand him the filled out 77R....now there is no other redunant forms to fill out once at Barracks like before.. now before you leave the Officer tells you its processed....before who knew if they screwed anything up until a week or two later you get a letter from them saying something is wrong.

30 years working for the govt. i am used to worse... this is not..

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Yeah, I have to say, I was skeptical at first.

But the new 77r online is **much** easier than the stack of paperwork you used to have to fill out, checking the boxes, in triplicate.

the only thing the cannot be done online is the 4473, federal form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom