• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    Has anyone used 108 gr. Hornady ELD 6mm bullets for targets ? How do they compare to sierra 107 gr. Matchkings ?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    A friend of mine was testing them, grouped as well or better with better BC. Don't need to point 108grs they are uniform.

I'm going to do some testing when my 107gr are out

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm trying to decide which to purchase I usually go with SMK 107 gr. but thought I might give the ELD's a try. Thanks.

Let me know how they work, I've heard great things about them.

I might buy 100 or them to play around with.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Don't discount the coated Dtacs if you have enough twist to shoot them.... I've heard great stuff about the ELDMs all around. I shoot 140s in my 260 with great results

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Don't discount the coated Dtacs if you have enough twist to shoot them.... I've heard great stuff about the ELDMs all around. I shoot 140s in my 260 with great results

I haven't had much luck finding Dtacs in stock though...maybe its just where I'm looking maybe?

I've had decent luck with the 140/147ELDMs as well.

cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    My rifle is 1/8 Sav. LRPV in 6BR it might be a little slow for the Dtacs and a little fast for the 80 and 85's. I have shot 80 FB Bergers through it and it didn't do too badly but it shoots the 107 SMK better. Same thing for the 87 gr. VMAX. I've also tried 105 gr. Bergers but I didn't see any difference between them and the 107 SMK. I should have provided more info in the first post, Thanks.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    My rifle is 1/8 Sav. LRPV in 6BR it might be a little slow for the Dtacs and a little fast for the 80 and 85's. I have shot 80 FB Bergers through it and it didn't do too badly but it shoots the 107 SMK better. Same thing for the 87 gr. VMAX. I've also tried 105 gr. Bergers but I didn't see any difference between them and the 107 SMK. I should have provided more info in the first post, Thanks.

1:8 won't spin the dtacs, not sure it will spin the 110gr SMKs either (shooting buddy had to go to 1:7.5 in 6x47 for the 110gr)

fnfalsar48

Feb 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Has anyone used 108 gr. Hornady ELD 6mm bullets for targets ? How do they compare to sierra 107 gr. Matchkings ?

I load and shoot the 6mm eld and have very good groups. Have not had a chance to shoot them past 500 and have not loaded the Matchkings to compare. (6mm creedmoor bolt gun)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just wanted to drop in and say I use the ELDs in my 300 Blk subs. Very accurate(and expensive) bullet.

cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    I believe I am going to grab some on my next order. Everyone seems to have good things to say about them no matter what the caliber... that to me is a good sign. Thanks again.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just wanted to drop in and say I use the ELDs in my 300 Blk subs. Very accurate(and expensive) bullet.

I believe I am going to grab some on my next order. Everyone seems to have good things to say about them no matter what the caliber... that to me is a good sign. Thanks again.

If you're talking about 300 Blk, I prefer the 220 gr ELD-X over the others. They seem to have a better BC at subsonic velocities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom