• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I still think a 200 tax stamp on anything should be illegal.

There shouldn't be any way to tax a right. The left sure doesn't like the idea of a 200 poll tax do they?

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I still think a 200 tax stamp on anything should be illegal.

There shouldn't be any way to tax a right. The left sure doesn't like the idea of a 200 poll tax do they?

They think requiring a $5 photo ID is an intolerable burden on the right of the poor to vote, for a 4 month waiting period and a $340 fee to buy a handgun in NYC is "common sense" and "reasonable."

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Bump !! And don't forget to check out the link at the end of page 4. Would love to see this 1 go through :-)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The WaPo had an article this morning indicating that the CDC has determined that 24% of Americans have suffered some level of hearing loss, from a number of environmental sources.

Ought to be more fodder for the deregulation of noise-limiting appliances.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Think I'll just leave this here...http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/06/breaking-atf-white-paper-leaked/

Even the Boys Against all Things Fun and Exciting is chiming in on how stupid it is to have suppressors on the NFA list. I'm guessing they let this "leak" so that it can't be buried by the bureaucracy. This might be a case where even the left may just quietly let it pass since they know opposition would just make them look dumb when the elephants can just drag out the CDC and BATFE to testify FOR the bill.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    When are they suppose to vote on it? Just curious how much longer the process will take. I know, its Gov't so forever but, just curious where it sits, status wise, now.

Dave

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    it's not so much the $200 fee, but the excessive wait and overreaching regulation...

I'd personally have no problem dropping the extra $200 on top of the price of the suppressor and walk out with it, the same as you would with any other accessory(scope, stock, etc)

I suspect it will get shot down once they see the revenue numbers but, I am hoping not. Maybe work in there is still a $200 stamp but that local FFLs can process the paperwork. :innocent0

Dave
    Taxation of a Constitutional right is illegal. The NFA is therefore illegal as a whole and should be abolished immediately. This has gone on for too long.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    The amount of stupid here is unbelievable ......

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) took to Twitter on Tuesday to express her opposition to legislation that would remove some of the regulations associated with gun silencers and made several inaccurate claims in the process.

“I’m fighting back against bills (backed by the Trump admin) that’d make it easy for criminals to buy gun silencers,” Gillibrand’s tweetstorm began. “Can you imagine if we allowed a criminal with a gun in New York City to attach a silencer to their weapon? It’d be a dangerous mistake.”

Democratic Senator Attacks Gun Silencer Legislation

:sad20:

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    As expected, response from VanHollen. I did write him back though with some facts, but I doubt he will change his mind.

"Thank you for contacting me to express your support of the Hearing Protection Act. I appreciate hearing from you and apologize for the delayed response.

While I appreciate your view, I have concerns about consequences from this bill. As you know it would eliminate the $200 transfer tax on firearm silencers and make it easier to transfer silencers. While I respect the second amendment and the rights of responsible adults to own guns and use firearms safely, this legislation will make it easier for criminals to obtain devices to conceal attacks.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever I may be of service."

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    I just got the same exact email from van douche bag. The ironic part was I appreciate "HEARING" from you. I replied back , essentially saying I will be a callus hand to his little circle jerk. #pissed

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Received this reply from your Senator yesterday:
    "Thank you for contacting me to express your support of the Hearing Protection Act. I appreciate hearing from you and apologize for the delayed response.

While I appreciate your view, I have concerns about consequences from this bill. As you know it would eliminate the $200 transfer tax on firearm silencers and make it easier to transfer silencers. While I respect the second amendment and the rights of responsible adults to own guns and use firearms safely, this legislation will make it easier for criminals to obtain devices to conceal attacks.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever I may be of service.

Sincerely,

Chris Van Hollen
    United States Senator"

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Received this reply from your Senator yesterday:

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever I may be of service.

Sincerely,

Chris Van Hollen
    United States Senator"

Three Pinocchios. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...with-a-silencer-quiet/?utm_term=.c3b086e45047

When even the WaPo gives the claim that silencers are quiet three Pinocchios....

I'd have given the claim that they are easy to conceal four. Is that a gun with a 7 inch titanium rod in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    NPR's show All Things Considered is airing a program on suppressors and the HPA today. Not expecting much in the way of straight reporting but will listen in anyway. I'll try too report back with any subterfuge and wordsmithing for connotation and conjecture typically used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom