• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    The ladies at the daycare center (in FredCo) that we previously used were all smokers. Not a big deal to us, as they only lit up ourside. We sents kids there for ~2yrs, no problems. But earlier this summer a bunch of new No Smoking signs appeared outside and within the center. No smoking related violations appeared in their annual inspection notice, but I wondered if some new regs were passed recently. Maybe new weapons/alcohol regs are being enforced, too.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    According to post 1, the inspector was confirming the licensee did not have alcohol firearms or persons who smoke in the residence. IMHO, they have the right to regulate the storage of those items but not their presence, since they are all legal. According to that statement, they could not employ someone who smokes EVEN IF THAT PERSON OBSTAINED FROM SMOKING AT WORK. Sounds like typical government overreach. The report repeated a statement that the inspector forced the operator to make. If the statements are false, they could be sanctioned for making a false statement to a Government official. Regulations are not made by intimidation. If I were the operator, I'd schedule a meeting with the inspector's supervisor and ask to see the actual state and county regulations that generated the questions. And in the future (assuming the actual regulations regulate storage and not presence) when asked, I'd say " any such items, if present, are stored so as to prevent access by children"

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    You wouldn't get one. CCW is banned in daycare centers by statute.

This is true for commercial daycare centers but not for home daycare...

Where are Firearms Prohibited?

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. This list should not be considered all-inclusive.

1. On school property (CR 4-102)

2. Within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place (CR 4-208)

3. In legislative buildings (SG 2-1702)

4. On an aircraft engaged in air commerce services (TR 5-1008)

5. In lodging establishments where the innkeeper reasonably belives individuals possesses property that may be dangerous to other individuals, such as firearms or esplosives (BR 15-203)

6. On dredge boats (NR 4-1013)

7. In/On State public buildings and grounds (COMAR 04.05.01.03)

8. On Chesapeake Forest Lands (COMAR 08.01.07.14)

9. On State Forests (COMAR 08.07.01.04)

10. On State Parks (COMAR 08.07.06.04)

11. State Highway Rest Areas (COMAR 11.04.07.12)

12. In community adult rehabilitation centers (COMAR 12.02.03.10)

13. In child care centers, except for small centers located in residences (COMAR 13A.16.10.04)​

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    If it stated in the daycare area I would fully agree with you but how can they prohibit legal activity within someone's private residence that is not part of the specified areas of the licensed daycare? That's where I think there's a problem.

I don't think "they" are prohibiting you from firearm ownership.

I believe it's straight forward with no ambiguity. Such as, do you have firearms? Yes/No? If so, I would take a good guess they need to be locked up and in a room that is not part of the daycare business.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. This list should not be considered all-inclusive.

1. On school property (CR 4-102)

3. In legislative buildings (SG 2-1702)

4. On an aircraft engaged in air commerce services (TR 5-1008)

5. In lodging establishments where the innkeeper reasonably belives individuals possesses property that may be dangerous to other individuals, such as firearms or esplosives (BR 15-203)

6. On dredge boats (NR 4-1013)

7. In/On State public buildings and grounds (COMAR 04.05.01.03)

8. On Chesapeake Forest Lands (COMAR 08.01.07.14)

9. On State Forests (COMAR 08.07.01.04)

10. On State Parks (COMAR 08.07.06.04)

11. State Highway Rest Areas (COMAR 11.04.07.12)

12. In community adult rehabilitation centers (COMAR 12.02.03.10)

13. In child care centers, except for small centers located in residences (COMAR 13A.16.10.04)​

I stand corrected.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014

My recollection is this only applies when asked to refrain by a police officer. My goole foo is weak, as your cite of C R 4-208 brought me to something unrelated, so I could be full of $%i!

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    My recollection is this only applies when asked to refrain by a police officer. My goole foo is weak, as your cite of C R 4-208 brought me to something unrelated, so I could be full of $%i!

You are correct sir.

zach5963

Apr 26, 2018
    I have a lot of family with home daycare and they own guns. From what they have told me they have to make the parents aware but they are also locked up in a non daycare room. I was recently asked by my daughters pediatrician if I owned guns and how many. Why does that matter to a doctor?

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I have a lot of family with home daycare and they own guns. From what they have told me they have to make the parents aware but they are also locked up in a non daycare room. I was recently asked by my daughters pediatrician if I owned guns and how many. Why does that matter to a doctor?

Because guns are a public health issue and doctors need to know if you own guns so they can flag you as a risk. Just more government intrusion 1984 style.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

It doesn't matter to a doctor.

It matters to a busybody.

Perhaps a left leaning, gun grabbing, busybody.

PS: Never answer ANY questions that aren't directly related to actual medical care.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    It doesn't matter to a doctor.

It matters to a busybody.

Perhaps a left leaning, gun grabbing, busybody.

PS: Never answer ANY questions that aren't directly related to actual medical care.

I totally agree.
    But the American Medical Association has touted for years that firearms are a medical health problem. That’s where all this talk about firearms is coming from with your doctor asking questions.
    This article is more recent that just reaffirms their agenda.

https://www.ama-assn.org/ama-recommends-new-common-sense-policies-prevent-gun-violence

I remember years ago when filling out new patient forms one of the questions was, Do you own firearms?
    I’m talking 20 years ago and more.
    I always left that question blank.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I remember PSAs aimed at parents of young children. The child was shown knocking at the door of a friend's house wearing a flak jacket. Because, you know, those guns tend to jump up and start shooting for no apparent reason. The message was before you send your child over to play always ask if there are firearms in the house. This is not a new phenomenon. Its social engineering aimed at the majority in the middle that neither owns guns nor have a strong opinion regarding gun control. If they can make it more uncomfortable for those of us that choose to own firearms they can move the needle. The questions from doctors are no different.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Are you paranoid the daycare inspection lady from the state is going to pull out a Motorola radio and call in to "dispatch" and ask for a list of firearms? LOL

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Are you paranoid the daycare inspection lady from the state is going to pull out a Motorola radio and call in to "dispatch" and ask for a list of firearms? LOL

The inspections are capable of shutting down shop. It is not a light hearted matter.

Half dozen kids, their parents out daycare and a provider out a way to pay the bills.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The inspections are capable of shutting down shop. It is not a light hearted matter.

Half dozen kids, their parents out daycare and a provider out a way to pay the bills.

Right, but still hard to imagine in +10 years this has never been brought up before, to even include getting licensed to run a home daycare.

I'm all for some conversation but isn't his question better suited for his wife to ask the MD daycare people? I assume her name would be on the MD Daycare license you hang up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom