• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • verizonguy

Sep 30, 2010
    Bel Air, MD
    Mine pretty much has majority DPMS parts. Sass barrel, gas block, buffer, spring, chrome bolt and catch and internals, minus Armalite Tactical trigger.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    No one suggests a .50bmg? I mean, if you want a long-distance gun might as well go big or go home.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    $2300 with Optics and Mount. $1700 without Optics and Mount.

How can this be? I'm interested in building this, but when I priced it out, just the upper/lower and barrel ($982 and $560), and I'm already at over $1500. The stock alone pushes that over $1700. Am I missing something or did the price go up significantly in the last couple months?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    How can this be? I'm interested in building this, but when I priced it out, just the upper/lower and barrel ($982 and $560), and I'm already at over $1500. The stock alone pushes that over $1700. Am I missing something or did the price go up significantly in the last couple months?

I was listing the prices "I" can get it for (Dealer Pricing). I clarified later on that standard pricing is much higher.

verizonguy

Sep 30, 2010
    Bel Air, MD

From my personal experience with my build, I was at around $2200 before optics and I didn't even have really expensive parts. It could have been a lot more had I have gone with a Noveske barrel or high quality trigger group.....

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Colt is coming out with their SP901 in .308 soon. Don't have anymore information than that at this time.

real soon.....sssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone.:innocent0

The Colt 308 kicks arse becuase it takes AR15 upers too. Its an amazing design.

From my personal experience with my build, I was at around $2200 before optics and I didn't even have really expensive parts. It could have been a lot more had I have gone with a Noveske barrel or high quality trigger group.....

Last edited:

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    So I'm reviving this thread because I've managed to knock out the bills and am now dealing with a positive cash flow.

so this long overdue project is getting started.

Today I ordered and put a deposit on the MA-Ten Nickel Boron monolithic quad rail upper and lower set

Apparently like everything else in the industry the waiting period is long. <sigh>

a41a57bd207d9270032121cb119c9048.jpg

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Well the bad news is that Mega Arms is not filling new orders on this reciever.
    apparently they have stopped production and are re-designing.
    Sigh

Sorry to hear it Bartman. Are you considering going with the patent winner, or are they not as sweet?

Mike

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Well the bad news is that Mega Arms is not filling new orders on this reciever.
    apparently they have stopped production and are re-designing.
    Sigh

Sorry to hear it Bartman. Are you considering going with the patent winner, or are they not as sweet?

Mike

thinking of going with a FAL and thinking of never buying anything from LMT ever ever ever....

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Colt is coming out with their SP901 in .308 soon. Don't have anymore information than that at this time.

I hope to get one in the next year. I'm sure they will be sick as hell. Of course I have early adopter phobia (and don't have $2400 saved up) so I will never be the first to have anything. :toothless

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Another option if you are willing to do it, is to get a Rock River LAR-8. It uses FAL mags (inch OR metric, it will use both), has one heck of a decent trigger, and did I mention it was .308? All joking aside, I own a RRA LAR-8 mid-length A4 and I love the thing. I am seeing .5 MOA or better when re-zeroing every year with handloads for deer season (165gr SGK's). As for accuracy beyond that, I don't know. I will say that the 2 stage trigger on it is sick, breaking right around 6 pounds or so. You can get your choice for configurations and custom work done before it leaves the factory if you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom