• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Anyone have experience with Lasermax products?

I'm looking online at the Guide Rod Laser sight which looks cool if its a good product, but I was able to find two reviews at optics planet saying that the focus had gone after a few hundred rounds of impact making the dot very large at the POA/POI.
    Another review just said it was great.
    Searching for other reviews it seems as if not a lot of people have tried/reveiwed this product.

Anyone on here have experience?

31xSZVtkAnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yep, I've got the LaserMax in one of my SIG 1911s. It working fine after 2000+ rounds. I used a Laserlyte bore scope to zero it in. It has a nice strobe that shows up pretty good in low light but as far as bright sunlight, it's very hard to see. At night it's a light show.

Addition: You have to clean the lense after firing several rounds. That does cause the lazer to get bigger and fuzz up.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Guntests gave them fairly favorable reviews but did not like them as much as Crimson Trace grips. I have toyed with the idea for a while and so have done a bit of research. I will probably try one sooner or later, but make sure you buy from a place with a great return policy in case you don't like it.

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    I have had mine in a glock for years and still works great . I clean it after each use and all is good again.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I have one for the Glock. Overall it is a good product and now that the prices are going down they are certainly worth the money. I have about 500 rounds through it. The lens is fine. Sometimes it is ridiculously accurate and punches out the red dot on the target. Sometimes it is an inch either way at 10 yards. The laser positioning must move a little during recoil. That may be a Glock thing because the recoil spring assembly is not rigidly held in place. For defensive shooting it is fast and accurate.

I would rate it 8/10

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I have the Lasermax rail mounted laser on my USP. I know it's not the guide rod type like you're thinking of, but mine works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom