Women's Shoot (formerly known as Wife shoot)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    as a general rule: men-guys-males are NOT allowed to coach-criticize-tell the women folk what to do that day--unless ask about the technical aspects of the handgun that they brought to the shoot. We have to stand back and let they enjoy themselves at something we KNOW we enjoy. at the beginning we will start by going over the handguns that are available to shoot ( covered by the owner ). then the ladies will work thru the handguns from the small caliber up. we start with paper target to see impacts and end up with the shooting gallery. The guys will not be shooting-----the rifle range will be open if you would like to bring your rifle.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Fodder,

Sorry you wont make it,
    I have several non-forum-members from work who are talking about coming out and JSW has several women from his work who are interested. It sounds like we will have a good turnout anyway

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Bart_Man,
    This is a great idea. I'm just about to own my first handgun, thanks to your advice--suffering through the 7 days now. And I'd like to find a gun my wife will be comfortable using. She's only gone shooting with me twice and was somewhat nervous. Being around fellow females who show confidence with weapons will probably put her more at ease. She's bringing along at least one friend so far and might be able to convince a couple of other fiends to join her. I'm brining some 22 ammo, possibly 9mm for her to try, and some 40mm to fit my gun as an option. Are there plans for snacks and drinks? Or will we be getting together at some food joint when the bullets run dry?

Last edited:

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Bart_Man,
    This is a great idea. I'm just about to own my first handgun, thanks to your advice--suffering through the 7 days now. And I'd like to find a gun my wife will be comfortable using. She's only gone shooting with me twice and was somewhat nervous. Being around fellow females who show confidence with weapons will probably put her more at ease. She's bringing along at least one friend so far and might be able to convince a couple of other fiends to join her. I'm brining some 22 ammo, possibly 9mm for her to try, and some 40mm to fit my gun as an option. Are there plans for snacks and drinks? Or will we be getting together at some food joint when the bullets run dry?

First,

Wecome to the band of misfits Mike.
    Second, the advice I got when introducing Fionnros to firearms was that husbands tend to tell wives how they are "doing it wrong" or such.
    The essential element of this event is not to instruct anything other than safety and fun, and just let the ladies shoot and enjoy.

Third, The delta restaurant is nearby and Buon Gusto just down the road won the unofficial Hazzard county pizza taste off. either one is a good choice to hang and chat.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Just for your information.

Patty West is hosting a weekly firearms shoot over at the AGC every Wednesday evening as a follow up to the Women On Target program.

Last night was rifle and next Wednesday will be pistol.

It is a ladies only event (though a few of guys will be around to help if needed). All you need to do is bring your firearm and ammo. If you do not have a firearm, Patty does bring spares to loan out (.22LR caliber). All she asks is that you bring ammo. She suggests the 'bulk' packs from WAL-MART if plan on attending the meets frequently.

IF you want to know more, please give her a call at 443-413-8887 or send an e-mail pskryja@gmail.com.

To goal is to promote more women actively shooting!

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Just for your information.

Patty West is hosting a weekly firearms shoot over at the AGC every Wednesday evening as a follow up to the Women On Target program.

Last night was rifle and next Wednesday will be pistol.

It is a ladies only event (though a few of guys will be around to help if needed). All you need to do is bring your firearm and ammo. If you do not have a firearm, Patty does bring spares to loan out (.22LR caliber). All she asks is that you bring ammo. She suggests the 'bulk' packs from WAL-MART if plan on attending the meets frequently.

IF you want to know more, please give her a call at 443-413-8887 or send an e-mail pskryja@gmail.com.

To goal is to promote more women actively shooting!

Thanks Mike!
    Is it open to non-AGC members?
    Is there a fee involved?

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    No fee. The only thing is if you are not an AGC member you shoot as her guest (ie. on person at the shooting position). The RSOs are pretty easy about it so that is why some of the guys are there (i.e. more positions to shoot from).

Last night we had two spots open on the rifle range (Patty at one and me at the other). Later on we had another member (Layna) who stopped by so we had three positions open.

Like I said before, Patty would like to see more women shooters. Her real goal is to get a network of woman shooters who would be willing to teach others to shoot. I jokingly told her if she keeps it up, she may be able to form a woman-only club at the AGC!

All you need is your firearm and ammo or if you want to borrow one of our .22 rifles/pistols, bring some .22 LR ammo of your choice. Like Patty told the ladies on the phone, hit the Wal-Mart for the cheap WInchester/Remington/Federal .22LR bulk packs if you plan on plinking alot! You are also welcome to bring targets and a stapler as we print our own from targetz.com!

Last edited:

HisCombatMama

Feb 3, 2009
    After a little pressure from a certain someone... I might try to make it. I won't know for sure until a day or two before the shoot though because of work.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    After a little pressure from a certain someone... I might try to make it. I won't know for sure until a day or two before the shoot though because of work.

Well let me just add to that pressure buy saying - I was wondering when you would show up
    You would be most welcome and I'm sure
    Fionnros would enjoy meeting you after all the chatting about girl guns

Nudge nudge

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    22 sizes?

Bart_man,
    If I were to pick up 22 ammo for this, what size should I bring--short or long?

Thanks,
    Mike
    :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom