Women's Shoot (formerly known as Wife shoot)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    UPDATE:

The Second Hazzard County Women's shoot will be held 0900-1200 July 9

We will meet on the pistol range at
    Delta Peach Bottom Fish and Game
    173 Pikes Peak Rd. Delta, PA 17314

Who's bringing Ammo?

.22lr - Bartman, JSW, MRAnaya
    .380 - JSW
    .38spc - JSW
    9x18 Mak - Bartman
    9mm - JSW, MRAnaya
    .357Mag - JSW
    .40S&W - MRAnaya
    .44Spc - JSW
    .44Mag - JSW
    .45Acp - Bartman, JSW

This event will be a weapons familiarization and fun shoot only. It is non-competitive and the emhpasis is on making a stress-free comfortable environment for the women shooting.
    The Delta Pistol range is set aside for the event and closed to non-event shooting.

As a general rule: men-guys-males are NOT allowed to coach-criticize-tell the women folk what to do that day--unless ask about the technical aspects of the handgun that they brought to the shoot. We have to stand back and let they enjoy themselves at something we KNOW we enjoy.
    At the beginning we will start by going over the handguns that are available to shoot ( covered by the owner ).
    Then the ladies will work thru the handguns from the small caliber up. We start with paper target to see impacts and end up with the shooting gallery.
    The guys will not be shooting-----the rifle range will be open if you would like to bring your rifle.

1) JSW (+wife?)
    2) FPS & Wife & daughter
    3) Bart_man & Fionnros (.22, 9X18 Mak, .45)
    4) HARCo2ANewb & Wife
    5) CYCLRCR & Ktejsmom
    6) Maverick?&Daughter?
    This event is free and just a friendly meetup. We are counting on each other to supply a little ammo and some pistols to share.
    Here is a working list. If you are bringing a pistol in a different caliber, please note it. I am bringing ammo for all three of the pistols I am supplying and will probably bring whatever nobody else posts up just so JSW, who is bringing many pistols, does not have to support the bulk of the ammo costs.

____________________________________________________________________________________

OP
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

I am starting this thread to officially open public discussions on the Second Hazzard county Women's only fun shoot. The last time we did one of these most could not make it. It was still a fun day and Fionnros shooting the .44mag dirty harry revolver is still my desktop at work

4430fdf5-d6af-4bc7.jpg

So far there are 4 wives/ couples and maybe one single female member. (we wont discriminate against the Matrimonially challenged) interested in attending. This is not heavy instruction or coursework, this is just a fun day at the range doing weapon familiarization with a variety of pistols. Rifles will be another event some other time.
    Last time JSW was kind enough to empty the safe and bring along pistols from .22 to .38. to 9mm to .44 and .45 and more.

As Fionnros put it last time "A Buffet of guns" :lol2::party29:

I'm planning to bring all three of my lowly pistols as well and if any of the guys have anything that it would be fun for the ladies to try bring em along.

The plan is to secure the Pistol Range at Delta for this event on a weekend.
    I'm thinking Sat July 9th - I'd like to know feasibility of this date for everyone.

Last edited:

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Any later than noon and its going to get unbearably hot.

Edit: Having spent the better part of the day at the 600yard line on Fort Meade, my dehydrated butt can attest to this.

I think earlier is better I was thinking 8 or 9 to noon

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I will bring
    Browning Bucklite (2lbs) .22
    PA-63 9x18 mak
    if its ready by then RIA 1911Tactical .45

Noel this is the event I wanted to have the Walther at.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    My wife would go if I was able to be there and help supervise but I will not be able to attend. Sorry.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    the pistol Range at Delta is now ours on 9 July 2011 for this event. With a start time of 9 am I have the range from 8am until 4pm.

we would like to have a close head count to make sure we have enough ammo.
    any questions about the event feel free to ask here or pm with question.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    the pistol Range at Delta is now ours on 9 July 2011 for this event. With a start time of 9 am I have the range from 8am until 4pm.

we would like to have a close head count to make sure we have enough ammo.
    any questions about the event feel free to ask here or pm with question.

Right now my wife (Mrs FPS)and I will be there. we can only stay til about 11-12

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom