• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Guys my friend would love me to come over to his farm and spend some time shooting groundhogs. What rules in Md and Hazzard county should I be aware of ?
    Proximity to Neighbors?
    stuff like that.
    I'd like to do it for him but want to be legal.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Since you are in Harford County here is the Firearms Code:

A. Within this section, a "firearm" shall mean any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun designed to propel any projectile or projectiles by means of explosive energy.
    B. It shall be unlawful for any person to fire or discharge any firearm:

(1) On the property of another without written permission of the property owner or tenant and having the written permission in immediate possession.
    (2) In the direction of any residential dwelling or building designed and used for human occupancy or school wherein the person firing or discharging the firearm knows or should have known that the projectile or projectiles have a reasonable chance of striking the structure.
    (3) On public property without first obtaining written permission from the appropriate agency or a permit from the agency if required and having the written permission or permit in immediate possession.
    (4) Wherein the projectile or projectiles traverse the property of another so as to endanger life, limb or property.
    (5) Within one hundred fifty (150) yards of any residential dwelling or building designed and used for human occupancy or school, located on adjacent or abutting property, without written permission from the property owner or tenant and having the written permission in immediate possession.
    C. Nothing in this section shall be held to apply to or prohibit the firing or discharge of any firearms on a bona fide shooting range or if the same is reasonably necessary for the defense of life or property or to any law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.

http://www.ecode360.com/?custId=HA0904

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom