• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Can someone recommend a local builder for a long range Remington 700 build? Preferably someone that doesn’t charge an arm and a leg.
    Thanks

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Also, definition of "an arm and a leg"?

Your expectations for said build? 1MOA? Caliber? Definition of long range? Intended use?

Helps to scope the ask more. Have you looked at current options which are not custom? Custom work costs a lot if it is good. Factory options will likely be cheaper if money is an issue.
    If not married to the 700 there are many more options out there. If the 700 is it Rem and many others make some great platforms, semi custom or fully custom but not done one off like a local maker would have to do for you.

Remington 700P or PSS in 300WM is worth a look if that fits your ask and won't break the bank. 308 if you don't need the WM or 5.56 if you will be shorter range.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    You can also look at doing a remage barrel if you are looking at just rebarreling. Northland Shooter Supply sells Croterion barrels fairly inexpensively. If you want something nicer, look at patriot valley arms. It's not hard to swap if you get the right parts and are ok w a barrel nut.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Thanks gentlemen, I’m actually asking for a friend of mine who’s not a member here. But it sounds like caliber will be 7mm-08,Krieger 1/9 Barrel, lone peak or deviant action, in a McMillin or Boyd’s stock. Not a Rem 700 as I originally thought. He plans on buying all the parts and just needs someone that knows what their doing to assemble it properly.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    There is a little bit more involved than just screwing it together. You need someone who really knows their stuff to get it right. Unfortunately, the smith I used passed away. RIP Sid Goodling. I do have a few rifles smithed by Randy Gregory and his work is impressive. He is not local though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom