• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I don't care how good the food or atmosphere is. If I'm asked that question my answer is none of your business. If they deny my entrance so be it. There are plenty of establishments that will gladly take my money.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Definitely. I'm docked in Pasadena. How long of a ride would you estimate. Maybe we'll come Saturday.

When I go to the Severn for the airshow, it is a bit over an hour, at 27mph, depending on water and weather. There are two slow zones, one at the Pleasure island cut, (by Hart Miller) and the other at the mouth of Frog Motor Creek (by Martin State Airport) once you hit Frog Mortar, it is 6mph all.the way to Sunset Cove and beyond) DON'T MESS WITH FROG MOTOR SPEED ZONE, THEY DO ENFORCE!! Once you get to the transient pier, there is usually someone to instruct you in, if nobody does, just tie-up. If they wanna move you, you will know. Pier is free to the best of my knowledge.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I don't care how good the food or atmosphere is. If I'm asked that question my answer is none of your business. If they deny my entrance so be it. There are plenty of establishments that will gladly take my money.

Not to be a smart ass,,,, they won't miss your business.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with them not wanting knives in. My knife is a tool to me, have it in my pocket all the time, except where not allowed, court house, ect.

It would be your loss, food is A+++, and atmosphere is excellent, but, one fight where someone gets stabbed, shot, or turned into a biker bar, (I ride a HD, and have many "typical biker" friends) and a great place turns into a dive. I have no problem taking my young daughters there, and want to keep it that way.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    When I go to the Severn for the airshow, it is a bit over an hour, at 27mph, depending on water and weather. There are two slow zones, one at the Pleasure island cut, (by Hart Miller) and the other at the mouth of Frog Motor Creek (by Martin State Airport) once you hit Frog Mortar, it is 6mph all.the way to Sunset Cove and beyond) DON'T MESS WITH FROG MOTOR SPEED ZONE, THEY DO ENFORCE!! Once you get to the transient pier, there is usually someone to instruct you in, if nobody does, just tie-up. If they wanna move you, you will know. Pier is free to the best of my knowledge.

I believe it's 6 kts and no wake. Not 6 mph. Very different things depending on the boat.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    they ask you if you have a knife, wtf is up with that. especially if they don't search you. pretty sure, just like with guns, the bad guys won't disclose what weapons they have.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    i always drop the knife in my pocket before entering anywhere with a door man. no sense talking about it.

They don't frisk you, or wand you, they just ask. If you want to lie, and go in, well if something happens, and someone gets cut by an outside weapon, next time there might be metal detectors, frisking, cavity searches, ect. Why not just honor their desire to try to keep it a fun place?

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    They don't frisk you, or wand you, they just ask. If you want to lie, and go in, well if something happens, and someone gets cut by an outside weapon, next time there might be metal detectors, frisking, cavity searches, ect. Why not just honor their desire to try to keep it a fun place?

because my having a knife or a gun impacts the fun and safety 0%

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Small world, i have a Catalina 36 there. They have really good food but it does get busy. the speed limit is for good reason, since my boat needs a lot of water i am out facing the creek and a lot of people come through making a big wake that really bounces you around in the boat. Constantly bouncing is no good for anyone or dock lines for all of us out there with no protection.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    because my having a knife or a gun impacts the fun and safety 0%

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with you, I just don't want the Cove turning into a dive bar, I am a man of my word, and won't lie over something that stupid.

I often stop by, ALWAYS, carrying, so when they asked about knife, I figured they would be less than pleased if somehow it became apparent I had a pistol, so I told them. Head security guy was very pleasant, treated me "normally" advised me he was carrying as well. He was a good guy, door guy was ex marine, good guy, why start a pissing match?

I guess because I got there a little later than normal, on a Friday, I got greeted by the security guy. I was treated well, and respect them for doing so.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Small world, i have a Catalina 36 there. They have really good food but it does get busy. the speed limit is for good reason, since my boat needs a lot of water i am out facing the creek and a lot of people come through making a big wake that really bounces you around in the boat. Constantly bouncing is no good for anyone or dock lines for all of us out there with no protection.

But Monday- Friday the wake the hell out of the marinas there!!

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with you, I just don't want the Cove turning into a dive bar, I am a man of my word, and won't lie over something that stupid.

I often stop by, ALWAYS, carrying, so when they asked about knife, I figured they would be less than pleased if somehow it became apparent I had a pistol, so I told them. Head security guy was very pleasant, treated me "normally" advised me he was carrying as well. He was a good guy, door guy was ex marine, good guy, why start a pissing match?

I guess because I got there a little later than normal, on a Friday, I got greeted by the security guy. I was treated well, and respect them for doing so.

I agree with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom