:thumbsup:
    Lefties need to stick together
    #leftiesmatter :D

Lefties, oy! :D

All my life i've been cursed/blessed by lefties:

Learned to tie flies by a leftie
    Learned to rock climb(think tying lots of different knots) by a leftie
    Learned to shoot a bow by a leftie
    I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten...

It's enough to drive a dyslexic crazy! :lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OP, if it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'd move that scope up a notch or two unless you are a tall guy and need the added length of pull you are showing in your pic.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    I'd order that,,, but will it work on a RRA LAR8?

Negative, it would need to be longer to work with .308. Haven't seen or heard of these things catching on. Like most things, once they are a hit on the 15 platform, they work their way onto a 10. Good luck with solving your issue.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    If you need to "mortar" the weapon, that won't allow you to retain your grip on the charging handle, to complete the procedure.

Oh man, have I had to deal with mortaring a lot recently. OP, if you handload for .308, get small base dies. I have been having a nightmare of a time trying to troubleshoot the issue but it comes down to needing a small-base sizing die.

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    dumb question but new at this. want to build own ar 15, what are the laws concerning length and hand grip is illegal think help??

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    That is nifty and all... but can you drive it forward in a tactical situation?

Certainly looks like it would pose many potential issues in some tactical scenarios, I wouldn't buy one. All optics I have ever install on a 15 have been flush with the end of the pic rail. That said, the OP does not exactly have a CQB tactical build here. If something like this would fit an AR-10, it would solve his problem as a range / target shooter, which I assume would most likely be the primary use for his gun.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    dumb question but new at this. want to build own ar 15, what are the laws concerning length and hand grip is illegal think help??

Federal law says the barrel must be at least 16" and MD law says that the barrel must be 16" or longer, in addition to being an HBAR.

A grip on the handguard is legal for a rifle.

I am not going to bother trying to explain the intricacies of NFA to a n00b. Don't want your head to explode and you get confused. Rather keep is simple by saying 16" barrel or longer for you to legally build a rifle.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you have to "mortar" you be in a bad spot. Most ranges will not allow you to mortar your rifle, due to liability or safety concerns.

^^^This. There's no way of telling if that stuck case is a hang-fire, live round or what ever. What goes up...:brows:

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    If you have to "mortar" you be in a bad spot. Most ranges will not allow you to mortar your rifle, due to liability or safety concerns.

Before I realized I needed small-base dies for my .308, I was mortaring it constantly at DSC.

Then again, Michael knows me pretty well and wasn't too concerned. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom