• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The courts put a damper on this kind of shit a few years ago. The manufacturer had nothing to do with those 26 deaths; the first court in the chain will pitch the matter; there is no case here.

Lew--Ranger63

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The courts put a damper on this kind of shit a few years ago. The manufacturer had nothing to do with those 26 deaths; the first court in the chain will pitch the matter; there is no case here.

Lew--Ranger63

With the way the courts act, I'm a little worried about this.

Feb 28, 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sen. Frankenfeinstein gets involved here somehow, kinda like Al Not-so-Sharpton with the Ferguson MO protests.

I did like the crapola I heard in the radio which is apparently the basis for this. "It's a military weapon and should not have been available to the public to begin with", like the DoD is gonna issue semi-auto Bushies to soldiers. :rolleyes:

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Eugene Volokh at The Volokh Conspiracy thinks the lawsuit is going nowhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...acturers-and-dealers-over-sandy-hook-murders/

So, he agrees with me AGAIN! :D

It's sad that in addition to the tragedy these parents have suffered, that they've also been lied to such that they believe their kids may have survived if Lanza only had access to see something "less" than an AR. Or even an AR with smaller mags. The liars handling then seem to never mention the havoc wreaked by Cho at VA Tech with a couple regular old pistols.

A grown up with ill intent and 20 minutes alone in a classroom could literally have the same outcome with any number of weapons including non firearm ones.

Mr H

Banana'd
    A grown up with ill intent and 20 minutes alone in a classroom could literally have the same outcome with any number of weapons including non firearm ones.

This.

Anything from a knife, to a baseball bat, to a flamethrower could have been--as the situation has been described to us--equally fatal.

Why??

Because NO ONE HAD A MEANS OF DEFENSE!!!

Feb 28, 2013
    This.

Anything from a knife, to a baseball bat, to a flamethrower could have been--as the situation has been described to us--equally fatal.

Why??

Because NO ONE HAD A MEANS OF DEFENSE!!!

Now that'll NEVER happen again. CT wised up and banned those scary military style rifles. :rolleyes:

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Here's the Complaint:
    https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1380622-sandy-hook.html

Guns are bad, m'kay?

south%20park%20mr%20mackey%20drugs%20are%20bad.JPG

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Here's another article from the Hartford Courant that explains the "exception" referenced in the OP article.

"The lawsuit by families of nine students and adults killed and one surviving teacher who was shot several times by Adam Lanza will attempt to use what is known as the negligent entrustment exemption to the law." - See more at: http://www.capitalgazette.com/hc-sandy-hook-gun-lawsuit-20141215,0,928899.story#sthash.fFMhpytg.dpuf

Negligent entrustment is a cause of action that might lie against Lanza's mother (similar to the father that knows better, but keeps letting his teenage son drink and drive the family car), but of course she is dead. There is no way a manufacturer can be held liable form legally selling a legal product to a lawful purchaser, who later entrusts the item to someone wholly unknown to the manufacturer and beyond their control.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Negligent entrustment is a cause of action that might lie against Lanza's mother (similar to the father that knows better, but keeps letting his teenage son drink and drive the family car), but of course she is dead. There is no way a manufacturer can be held liable form legally selling a legal product to a lawful purchaser, who later entrusts the item to someone wholly unknown to the manufacturer and beyond their control.

Except that she didn't loan Adam the rifle. He murdered her and stole it.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Except that she didn't loan Adam the rifle. He murdered her and stole it.

All the reporting I saw said she originally and specifically purchased it for him, and allowed him access to it, and to use it.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    All the reporting I saw said she originally and specifically purchased it for him, and allowed him access to it, and to use it.

I've always felt she was negligent, knowing his mental conditions, to buy him arms.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So, he agrees with me AGAIN! :D

It's sad that in addition to the tragedy these parents have suffered, that they've also been lied to such that they believe their kids may have survived if Lanza only had access to see something "less" than an AR. Or even an AR with smaller mags. The liars handling then seem to never mention the havoc wreaked by Cho at VA Tech with a couple regular old pistols.

One of the plaintiffs is a "lobbyist" I read. So there ya go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom