• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Senator J.B. Jennings As you may be aware, both the Governor's gun bill and death penalty repeal bill passed out of the Senate Committee late last night. Our last chance at signifigantly changing these bills will be when we hear the bills on the floor next week. Once they pass the Senate and head to the House there is little chance of amending the bills further. Unfortunatley the votes are there to pass both of these bills. Our only real chance now is to offer amendments to the bills that take to make them less appealing and try to stop the bill on the margins. I'm asking you for your help. If you have any ideas on amendments please let me know. Some of the committee members already offered amendments to strike provisions of the bill but those failed. We need new, out of the box ideas. If you have any please let me know, either here or via email - jb.jennings@senate.state.md.us. Like · Comment · Share · 33 29 21 · 5 hours ago ·

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    I know Jennings personally. Pm me with what you would like me to tell him, and I can call him

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    How about an amendment that restrict ownership to anyone who spent a substantial part of the Vietnam draft years in Sweden. Sure it would never pass but it would be worth it just to watch Frosh's face when it was suggested.

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    I think the point is JB is seeking input on amendments and provided his email for that purpose

I know, I read the post. I was simply offering to call him on his cell and discussing more in depth. I prefer personal conversation vs mass email.

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    I sent an email requesting C&R firearms and Antiques be exempted from all bans and licensing requirements. It's a feasible pass, I think.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    How about an amendment that restrict ownership to anyone who spent a substantial part of the Vietnam draft years in Sweden. Sure it would never pass but it would be worth it just to watch Frosh's face when it was suggested.

+1. Or to register any politicians who tried to block Jessica's Law on the sex offender registry.

The look on his face would g.d. priceless.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Make sure they leave or raise the fees in the handgun license requirement and expand it to long guns. The antis will go for it and either the legislature as a whole will vote no or if it passes it will surely be struck down as as unconstitutional taxing of a right.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Emailed about an exemption to the awb and mag restriction for retired and active duty military personnel. Funding cut across the boards and many soldiers buy service-rifle counterparts to train with on their own, increasing unit readiness. Urge you guys to email legislators for this amendment.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    I think none of us should have restrictions. Why single out specific groups?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think none of us should have restrictions. Why single out specific groups?

Because getting enough controversial amendments tacked onto it before it hits the full floor for a vote can "poison pill" the entire bill and make it untenable for a majority of the legislators voting.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Emailed about an exemption to the awb and mag restriction for retired and active duty military personnel. Funding cut across the boards and many soldiers buy service-rifle counterparts to train with on their own, increasing unit readiness. Urge you guys to email legislators for this amendment.

No. I will never support an amendment that makes anyone "more equal" than I am.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    How come nobody has publicly asked Frosh why he supports child molesters and not law abiding gun owners? Sounds like he would have some explaining to do since his bill is "for the children"

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    How about an amendment that would allow the license to act as your carry permit, why not you're fingerprinted and background checked that should be all that they need.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How about an amendment that would allow the license to act as your carry permit, why not you're fingerprinted and background checked that should be all that they need.

This would work in a Constitutional Carry environment. I would think in the age of databases that it would be very easy to link prohibited status to your DL or State ID.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    What about inheritance ? I don't recall see anything in there . Is my father allowed to will his firearms to me ? Am I allowed to will mine to my son ? Upon our deaths is the MSP going to come kick our doors in and confiscate everything?

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Offering amendment ideas is one thing but Senator Jennings needs to understand the intricacies of the any proposed amendment.

Just listen to the SB281 vote. Our best supporters fell flat explaining their amendments.
    Jacobs did not know what a C/R firearm was. As she could not explain it, no one got on board.

There are other examples throughout that night where an amendment was offered and one or two questions, poorly answered, killed any chance of it being included.

With that In mind, supporting documents or better yet, a phone or face to face meeting would be good to be sure that Senator Jennings understands the details of the amendment request. If he would meet, I would drive 3 hours to meet him.

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    This would work in a Constitutional Carry environment. I would think in the age of databases that it would be very easy to link prohibited status to your DL or State ID.

You could just print a special driver's license and/or state ID card for prohibited persons, a "scarlet letter" if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom