• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I'm shopping for AR-15 forends in FDE and like the looks of one of the ones from Black Rain Ordinanace but I've never seen anyone use them or known anyone with an opinion.

if nobody rogers up I guess I'll be the group guinea pig but has anyone ever seen or used this company's products before?

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Looks like a Samson Evolution rail. Stag uses those rails on models like the 3G. Nice looking rail, go for it.

Thanks! They do look similar but samson looks to only sell theirs in black
    I'm specifically trying to make an FDE rifle without having to send parts out to be coated.

Do you know anything about the Samson?

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I've handled the Samson but never used one. What about Troy/VTAC? I just ordered a 11" from DSGARMS with my C&R discount.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    No experience with the black rain but Midwest industries offers rails in fde also. I just got a geissele rail in sand and it's awesome but pricey.

I like the MI rail but was looking at others because someone said ...doesn't matter what they said.

you reccomend MI?

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I like the MI rail but was looking at others because someone said ...doesn't matter what they said.

you reccomend MI?

I'll let you know when somebody gets the ss gen 2 15" in stock I'm going to use it on my spr. But I haven't found any bad reviews about them yet. They are reasonable too...If you have a c&r dealer account with brownells they are pretty cheap.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Black Rain is a relatively small higher end niche company. They do some really cool stuff, but not on the cheap end by any means. Good quality stuff from what I've seen, but not nearly sold on the scale of Spike's, or BCM, or Palmetto, etc.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Black Rain is a relatively small higher end niche company. They do some really cool stuff, but not on the cheap end by any means. Good quality stuff from what I've seen, but not nearly sold on the scale of Spike's, or BCM, or Palmetto, etc.

They are high end, billet stripped uppers and lowers are in the 250 ish area. But the fit and finish is dead-on perfect. The set I have I cannot see the CNC cuts anywhere. BRO is about a hair above seekins but seekins is in a different category with their product and they approach they took.

If that rail is a clamp on it would make me nervous especially with metal fatigue around the clamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom