• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    How in the hell do you get your fingers under the scope to pull the bolt back? I guess I have been shooting with iron sights too long.

Thanks,
    Tom

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    "Typically" you want your eyepiece parallel with your charging handle. Plenty of room for both fingers, but most people seem to just use one. What height is your mount/rings?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I would buy a raptor, pri, or bcm charging handle. Its not very hard to bend a factory charging handle with extended latches. I have bent handles I show students. The Roll Pins that often come with extended latches can either shear, or blow out the thin web on the charging handles as well.

I prefer the raptors myself. Most comfortable out there IMO.

If you are easy on the gun you might not have a problem with an extended latch on a factory charging handle. .308 AR's have a longer stem and because of leverage are even easier to bend.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One thing to watch with extended bolt handles.

When you front sling (patrol carry), the damn handle digs into your chest. You NEED a vest with plates. :)

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    "Typically" you want your eyepiece parallel with your charging handle. Plenty of room for both fingers, but most people seem to just use one. What height is your mount/rings?

Little dark, but this is the setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20160803_180937.jpg
      IMG_20160803_180937.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 668

cah9583

Back yard AR mechanic ?
    Aug 3, 2016
    Preston Md
    I just went on Amazon and got the 14$ extended latch it beats an 80 dollar charging handle and works just the same

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Little dark, but this is the setup.

I typically don't use rings on AR type rifles as I run into eye relief trouble. On my "SPR" AR I have my scope in a Burris PEPR mount. Mounts in that style cantilever your scope and allow you to mount it easily, and with proper eye relief for that type of rifle. Here are some mounts to consider. I have used both, and had excellent results with both.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/ar-p.e.p.r.-scope-mount

http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-spr-m4-scope-mount-qd-lt-104

These are definitely not required, but quite helpful in getting optimal eye relief on those type rifles. :thumbsup:

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville

I bought this setup like this, should I try to move the scope forward, (of course, keeping eye relief in mind) to move the eyepiece so it is as you suggest?

Attachments

• IMG_20160803_180937.jpg
      IMG_20160803_180937.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 572

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads