• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    I'm interested in building a 9mm AR pistol from stripped lowers I was planning to buy in the Colt mag pattern. Earlier threads explained that process well. My intent is to get an upper with a 9"-11" barrel unless there is a compelling technical reason to go shorter, and couple that with a shockwave brace. A couple of questions on this:

If it is accidentally shouldered, is that still considered illegal, or was shouldering the shockwave ruled to not be manufacture? Or was this in reference to a different brand of brace only, and should I be looking at that instead?

Furthermore, is a stock-to-shoulder conventional rifle hold truly necessary here? Is it expected that an average sized adult should be able to maintain accuracy of a 9mm AR in this weight class without bringing it to the shoulder? Do forward grips help in this and do people have recommendations on which ones? Vertical or AFG-esque?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    If pistol (barrel length <16 inches) angled forward grip is good to go.
    Whether or not the AFG helps depends on how you feel comfortable holding the upper. I would suggest adding the AFG later on after trying out your pistol without one. If barrel is like 9" or less you might want an AFG for safety reasons similar to why HK mp5k IIRC have some sort of grip to prevent accidentally shooting your hand. ;)

If you intend to attach a suppressor, i am not really sure if there are suppressors for barrel lengths 10.5 inches or shorter due to the pressure at the end of the barrel being exceedingly high on .223/556. For 9mm you are good to go with your 9mm suppressor. :)

Accidental shouldering is not illegal. Am not sure if shouldering is still an issue on braces.

PS. Those Franklin Binary AR triggers do work with 9mm AR builds. Just swap the trigger and selector (IIRC). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom