• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Recently purchased a stripped lower from a local shop. Done the 7 day wait, registered on the MDSP site ordeal, etc. I can look up the 77R application and see it was classified as " lower receiver ". My plan is to build it into a pistol first, so I'm concerned about the 4473 ( I think that's the number ) form. I asked if the dealer/seller also classified it as " other " and he says yes. I asked if I can get a copy, and ofcourse I didn't get one. I'm questioning this, because some of his info through talking when I picked it up, was wrong. Things like " you're supposed to register this as a pistol if you build one ". Is the " lower receiver " on the 77r good enough that I shouldn't worry? Thanks!!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Are you saying the dealer refused to give you a copy of the 4473 when you picked up your receiver?

I thought it was mandatory to give the buyer a copy.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You need to look at your Form 4473 section B, subsection 16. That is where it says- handgun, long gun or shotgun, or other

Attachments

• other.png
      other.png
      4.8 KB · Views: 124

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Now that I think of it I haven’t received a copy of any paperwork from my ffl’s since I can’t remember when?

Since before 10-1-2013! I am positive!

Shyte, i should ask next time I am in, lol.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    I'm not sure that you are supposed to get a copy.

Who was that who answered "yes" to your question?

The salesman. I never gave it a thought until after i got home after giving all my info, etc. I don't recall even doing the 4473. They had me making an account on MDSP , checking email on my phone to get activation codes, etc. Only thing I can remember is the 77r on their computer. At the time I was doing this, apparently he was training a new worker while the new worker was doing her work on the 4473 I assume. If I recall correctly I heard him tell her it's classified as " other ". I want to believe I heard it, but maybe I believe it just cause I want to think it's ok lol. It was busy, hectic in there. As I said, he said he had her classify it as other, yet it seems he don't know as much as he should or as I think he would by some of the stuff he was saying. I knew some of which was wrong. Maybe I'll ask tomorrow for a view of the form if he can pull it up lol

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    After googling I see the atf put a thing out saying ffl can provide a copy as some people were needing copies for rebates, etc. Unless it's been changed since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom