• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Now that I have this Rock Island 1911, I need a holster for it. It's a 5", full rail/full dust cover pistol. Looking for a holster for this thing has my head spinning.

Is it safe to assume any holster for a railed 1911 will fit? A lot of 1911s do not have full rails, but I have read that though the pistols do not have full rails, the holsters are made to accommodate a full rail.

I ask you, wise men and women of MDS, to lead me in the right direction. There might just be a pina colada in it for you.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Now that I have this Rock Island 1911, I need a holster for it. It's a 5", full rail/full dust cover pistol. Looking for a holster for this thing has my head spinning.

Is it safe to assume any holster for a railed 1911 will fit? A lot of 1911s do not have full rails, but I have read that though the pistols do not have full rails, the holsters are made to accommodate a full rail.

I ask you, wise men and women of MDS, to lead me in the right direction. There might just be a pina colada in it for you.
    I have a les baer monolith with full dust cover. I had a holster made for it from shark skin 20 years ago. I have not seen a stock holster for full dust c. Plenty for rails. Curious to see if you find one. I do like fobus paddle holsters.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I got fed up looking for a belt holster for my new SP-01 Phantom, since the older version was narrower than the new one and holsters didn't fit. So I got a Blackhawk Omnivore. It works great with my CZ and my RIA 9mm, both with railed, full length dust covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom