• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    I'm still waiting for somebody to make 'Without Remorse' in to a movie. At least it would be something new.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    James woods, Stephen Lang are senior citizens, no offense. Lol.

Clint was in his 40's when he did Dirty Harry wasn't he?

Are we keeping Harry around the same age? I was thinking Josh Brolin would probably be a current top contender

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    If that movie was made today, an Actress would play the part (PC rules):

1. Gina Carano or
    2. Milla Jovavich

Would take place in New Orleans and there would be a lot of Drag Queens cast as extras.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Pistol: FK BRNO 7.5 or a Glock 20 ... Dirty Harry would have moved up to something with greater capacity ...

"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 15 shots or only 14? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is ... a semiautomatic, I have a spare mag."

Actor: I have no idea. Jeremy Renner or Robert Downey Jr might be able to carry the almost reckless demeanor and wry humor but lack the more imposing physicality of Eastwood when he was younger. A couple decades ago, maybe Mel Gibson would have been a good pick. The antihero hero genre is stuck on comic book character mode these days with pretty boys that don't have that weathered, wise to the world look (e.g. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, the sequel of which my teen apparently liked ... but not sure his generation would be into a reboot of Dirty Harry). Who was the actress in Atomic Blonde ... she seemed to have the right attitude (more than many male leads these days) ... but I think she might be an antigunner (like Liam Neeson).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Ok, maybe Jon Bernthal. But as has been said, the Harry Callahan character was/is Eastwood ... analogous to how the Terminator was never the same with actors other than Schwarzenegger.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The biggest thing is that Dirty Harry as we know it couldn't be (re)made today . Way too un PC . Anything that a major studio would turn out , we would bitch about for being so different .

That said , it would need an actor of suitable age , NOT well known or recognizable to general public . Wouldn't work with someone already recognizable as themselves.

The basic concept would work in almost any major city , but SF would go along was to establishing continuity with the original.

As Gun guys , we would appreciate somthing like full power 10mm , but Glock, SIG , etc would lack distinctive, dramatic visuals . Deagles have been done to death, to the point of being cliche, and undeserved backlash among shooters .

For dramatic visuals, while still being some plausible, with an autoloader, the best I can think of is longslide 1911 , either 10mm or .45Super , polished SS , or hard chrome . But that's enough out of mainstream LE , might as well stick with the M29 .

Jul 1, 2012
    or a prequel "Squeaky Clean Harry" with a younger actor, like Lucas Till, give him a .38 detective special and chronicle his transition :)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Why TF mess with a classic?

How about Hollywood puts out some original films for a change? What? No new story ideas out there?

No, the real reason for this mindless regurgitation is that they think they'll have at least a token audience of geezers who will go see it for name recognition and they figure they can convince investors it's safe.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Time to come up with a new character, leave Harry alone. He did what he could for San Francisco, let him rest.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think my calendar is free. :innocent0

I'd carry a Grizzly in .45 Win Mag with a 6.5" SW500 as a backup gun.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    ERuby
    Colt Dragoon or Single Action in 45
    Baltimore, MD

Full on Yamika and Payot's.

Cleaning up the town old school!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Why TF mess with a classic?

How about Hollywood puts out some original films for a change? What? No new story ideas out there?

No, the real reason for this mindless regurgitation is that they think they'll have at least a token audience of geezers who will go see it for name recognition and they figure they can convince investors it's safe.

I actually think they are out of ideas. Because it pretty much has been done, re-done, then rebooted and re-tread. I mean every so often something comes out main stream that is pretty cool Matrix, John Wick, etc but at the core the plots are all derivative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom