• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Water systems are part of (critical)
    municipal infrastructure. As such they are prime targets for all sorts of wackos.

This. Water syatems are extremely easy to back syphon into if you know what you are doing. Towers are also usually not protected near enough. Also, if you wanted to effect a huge number of people at once, water would be a way to make it happen. Not everyone drinks water directly from the tap, but a lot of people do.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I worked security during the late 70s , college days, at WSSC facilities. I think at the time they had 4 or 5 sworn officers. Times have changed.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    J I haven't ever carried a whistle. And I'm constantly searching under the car seat for a pen lol. I will admit I still carry a call box key but that was obviously way before my time and is totally for superstitious reasons. When I'm in uniform of course which is rare.

How on Earth do you load these onto your rig???

images.jpg

(Inside joke, unless you are MPDC4511, don't event try...")

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Fun fact (at least I think it's a fact):
    The daughter of a friend of mine became a wssc police officer because it's the only local agency that would accept a color blind applicant.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I work next to the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission building in Laurel....

The lobby has my favorite of all time Water fountain sculpture. Photo does not capture the water flowing from valve. It's well done and fitting piece of art.

DSC_0029-2-1.jpg

They patrol around my area all the time. My family's farm is adjacent to the Patuxent Reservoir. It's nice to have them around. Recently they've been trying to catch these POS dirt bikers that keep going back on the trails and fire road but they're too quick and easy to slip away by the time WSSC arrives. My uncle was WSSC police for a while til he left for family reasons, and I have another distant relative who retired as chief from there.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    ...Recently they've been trying to catch these POS dirt bikers that keep going back on the trails and fire road but they're too quick and easy to slip away by the time WSSC arrives...

I hear that piano wire strung between trees can do wonders...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They patrol around my area all the time. My family's farm is adjacent to the Patuxent Reservoir. It's nice to have them around. Recently they've been trying to catch these POS dirt bikers that keep going back on the trails and fire road but they're too quick and easy to slip away by the time WSSC arrives. My uncle was WSSC police for a while til he left for family reasons, and I have another distant relative who retired as chief from there.

They patrol the fire roads? What on ATVs?

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    I am in the waste water industry. If you tick off the WSSC too much, they may follow your truck to verify you actually pumped what you claimed to dump (grease interceptors for restaurants)...

Greg621

Jan 24, 2017
    Upper Marlboro
    A few of their crews have been robbed while fixing broken water mains. They now have to step up their presence at job sites in certain areas while crews fix the mains.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , cut them off on foot. Dirt bike can do rapid U turns, and ride off down trails, and through the woods while being persued on foot.

Unless the riders just decide to surrender, or spill the bike as soon as they start to evade.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Tridelphia is right behind me, only see dirtbike and four wheelers on a rare occasion. I think the old trail is fairly overgrown now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom