• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dc-hires-vets-event-open-to-all-veterans-tickets-35273475916

This is a veterans only job fair for both public and private sector if anyone is a veteran looking for a job or knows any veterans looking for jobs. Should be between 75-100 companies and they expect around 2,000 veterans. A friend of mine organized it and asked me to help get the word out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Any idea of what the list of companies attending will be?

Was told companies like Deloitte, Price Waterhouse, KPMG, military.com, Ernst and young, metro police, DC police, etc... they're still lining up all the companies and then making them public. So it's real companies not door to door sales or typical things like retail sales. Not that there's anything wrong with those positions. Just giving vets a foot in the door to meet with recruiters and human resource reps at some places vets might not ever think of.

Benjamin

May 30, 2017
    Westminster
    Is registration required? My wife is due in two weeks, so driving all the way to D.C. right after the baby is born isn't exactly something I can reliably count on. Thanks for all the info you've provided so far.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Is registration required? My wife is due in two weeks, so driving all the way to D.C. right after the baby is born isn't exactly something I can reliably count on. Thanks for all the info you've provided so far.

Registration is free, not required but helpful. Either way be sure to bring necessary documentation to get in

Please bring one of the following forms of documentation to the event (only one is required):
    DD-214 Discharge Form
    Military ID Card
    VA Card
    Letter from an assisted Vets home stating status as a Veteran

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Update, they just got Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services signed up to hire 50 officers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom