Poll - would you put this foregrip on your AR pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you put this foregrip on your AR pistol?

• Yes

Votes: 7 10.8%
    • No

Votes: 58 89.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I am confused as to the legalities of angled-ish mostly Vertical FGs on pistols, but I would want to see a letter from BATFE before I was comfortable putting that on one. Ignoring that issue for the moment, the answer is still basically no. I like the arisaka defense finger stops a lot better for the most part, and they appear to be approved for use with pistols. I like VFGs if I have a bunch of stuff hanging off the front of the gun, and I don't have any current plans to do that on a pistol. Additionally one might come in handy if you are running a suppressor under the rail to give yourself good leverage to counter the weight, as well as a way to hold the gun if the rail gets really hot. Not sure though, have not personally tried it.

I really want to like the Magpul AFG which is also fine for pistols, but it just doesn't work for me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes, but the question is if the Foregrip asked about is vertical or not. If it's angled it's ok to attach to a < 26" firearm.. BATFE says an angled foregrip is legal.

It's too close to vertical for me to use it but YMMV.

sinobeat

Mar 3, 2010
    Doesn't the overall length of the pistol have to be at least 26" before a vertical fore grip can be used?

If it's longer than 26", it's not a pistol. That's why you can put a VFG on an AR pistol longer than 26", because the ATF no longer considers it a Pistol.

A pistol is a firearm that is designed to be shot with one hand and concealable. The ATF determined that a rifle butt stock makes it designed to be shot with 2 hands and if it's longer than 26" it's no longer concealable. If it has never been registered as a rifle and has no buttstock and the OAL is longer than 26" (not including muzzle attachments unless they are pinned and welded in place) then it is neither a rifle or a pistol, the only classification for it is a firearm.

If you were to actually conceal the firearm on your person the ATF would consider it an AOW though because you concealed it. So, just don't walk around with one under your jacket or stuffed down your pants.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    That grip is angled, not vertical. It's plainly obvious by looking at it.

I have several similar set ups. It's fine. Words mean things. And that grip is not vertical . Not in any way, shape or form.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Ugly grip and it feels like a cats tongue. Wouldn't catch it anywhere near my pistola.

Per the grip, I'd much rather have some form of stop to help keep my fingers behind the muzzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom