• ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    This has probably been addressed?

Can you discharge an airgun in your backyard these days?

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    To be clear I am in Howard County North Laurel. Air pistol.

Sorry. I did not think I would ever need this question.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    To be clear I am in Howard County North Laurel. Air pistol.

Sorry. I did not think I would ever need this question.

Negatory is the unfortunate correct answer.
    If there isn't an issue with a neighbor though I doubt it would ever come up.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    hmmm.. I grew up in grey rock and shot air-rifles damned near every day in the back yard. Interesting.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    Thanks for the link. Maybe if you stick a tomato plant out by the back fence you could claim you were aiming for a rabbit? I'm guessing there's a whole 'nother set of rules for a real gun, so my sister-in-law can't discourage the deer molesting her garden (she's too close to the neighbors to consider it anyway)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Thanks for the link. Maybe if you stick a tomato plant out by the back fence you could claim you were aiming for a rabbit? I'm guessing there's a whole 'nother set of rules for a real gun, so my sister-in-law can't discourage the deer molesting her garden (she's too close to the neighbors to consider it anyway)

There is a reason that the Maryland DNR requires a certain minimum caliber/weapon/muzzle energy for hunting deer.
    Shooting deer with a common air rifle is merely going to cause a flesh wound. The injury could then fester and cause further complications including sickness or disease... possibly resulting in a slow death for the animal. Discouraging the deer by shooting it with an air gun = Not a good idea.

Fence off the garden area.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    There is a reason that the Maryland DNR requires a certain minimum caliber/weapon/muzzle energy for hunting deer.
    Shooting deer with a common air rifle is merely going to cause a flesh wound. The injury could then fester and cause further complications including sickness or disease... possibly resulting in a slow death for the animal. Discouraging the deer by shooting it with an air gun = Not a good idea.

Fence off the garden area.

It is legal to hunt deer with an Air Gun if it meets the muzzle energy, you need a big bore high pressure using helium gas but it can be done. IIRC there is a thread on it somewhere on the forum and a member got it approved. I know you specified a "common air rifle" but I didn't want people to think no air rifle could be used on deer.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Get written permission from the neighbors and a crop damage permit from the DNR. Or go to the zoo and get some Lion or Panther poo and use it for fertilizer deer avoid big cats.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not in Monkey County. They way their have their regs written, not sure you can even discharge a paintball gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom