• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don't know if these have been mentioned, and I somehow missed them, but here goes ;

Today (9/24)- Bryans Road VFD. Open 3:00, drawings start 4:00.

10/15/16- Waldorf Elks.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Kind of a large raffle, usually in a large hall. You purchase a (main) ticket, and every 10 or 15min a prize is drawn. Frequently you will not need to be prrsent to win, but in person will usually have food and drink, and the chance to socialize with several hundred like minded people.

Gun bashes will feature firearms and related prizes. Often termed Sportsman's (whatever) opens up for prizes of other outdoors flavors.

For example, today's event had :

Free food and drink; burgers, hot dogs, bbq, various sides, beer, and soda.

Main ticket prizes included rifles, shotguns, bows, cross bow, safes, cash in$250 chunks, and grand prize ATV. Side raffles with seperate $5 tickets included handguns and AR's .

ETA- Today's Main tickets were $50 in advance, $60 at door. The list of Main prizes on the Bryans Road VFD website. I didn't take notes on all the side prizes, but off the top of my head included Windham AR's, buncha Glocks of several flavors, Ruger 1911, at least one SIG, Taraus Judge.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Kind of a large raffle, usually in a large hall. You purchase a (main) ticket, and every 10 or 15min a prize is drawn. Frequently you will not need to be prrsent to win, but in person will usually have food and drink, and the chance to socialize with several hundred like minded people.

Gun bashes will feature firearms and related prizes. Often termed Sportsman's (whatever) opens up for prizes of other outdoors flavors.

For example, today's event had :

Free food and drink; burgers, hot dogs, bbq, various sides, beer, and soda.

Main ticket prizes included rifles, shotguns, bows, cross bow, safes, cash in$250 chunks, and grand prize ATV. Side raffles with seperate $5 tickets included handguns and AR's .

ETA- Today's Main tickets were $50 in advance, $60 at door. The list of Main prizes on the Bryans Road VFD website. I didn't take notes on all the side prizes, but off the top of my head included Windham AR's, buncha Glocks of several flavors, Ruger 1911, at least one SIG, Taraus Judge.

Thanks for the info...I will keep my eyes open for another bash...sounds like fun!

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    That sounds awesome! Just out of curiosity what's the average turnout. Just thinking about what the odds of winning are. I mean 50 bucks to hang out with other gun enthusiasts isn't bad anyway, but to win would be sweet.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    All the (main) ticket number sequence was not sold, but ticket numbers into 900's were called ( meaning several numbers were randomly drawn, and determined that number had not been sold, then re-drawn).

Think large FD bay filled with tables, overflow into side lounge and the covered outdoor area for food/ beer/ smoking area.

Waldorf Elks will be smaller , if only because their building is not as large.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In a quick search I didn't find a website for Lodge 2421 . The usual Google search will yield their main number.

Here on MDS, there was a post about an earlier bash in march '16. That post had a contact person, but I won't repeat here without knowing he's still contact person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom