• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Right now, he has my vote. The state didn't turn solid blue over night, so it's not going to turn republican over night either. IS there even a serious republican candidate that has a shot of winning, my understanding there isn't. Democrats have no problem in playing the long game, republicans don't seem to think that way. We have to look at the proposed bump stock law and tear it apart based on it contents, which shouldn't be hard since most of these laws are not well written.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    so how many rights given away by Hogan is too many?

I don't seem to be getting an answer.

at what cost do you sell your vote and rights and soul? bumpstocks, trigger cranks, binary triggers,10 round mags , 7 round mags, semi auto rifles, sling shots? when is enough, enough ?

this seems to be a simple question but maybe not. and if Hogan is reelected when is day one and what guarantee do we have that he wont continue giving our rights to the dems?

I would just like to know who is willing to give up what rights for Hogan to get reelected?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    so how many rights given away by Hogan is too many?

I don't seem to be getting an answer.

at what cost do you sell your vote and rights and soul? bumpstocks, trigger cranks, binary triggers,10 round mags , 7 round mags, semi auto rifles, sling shots? when is enough, enough ?

this seems to be a simple question but maybe not. and if Hogan is reelected when is day one and what guarantee do we have that he wont continue giving our rights to the dems?

I would just like to know who is willing to give up what rights for Hogan to get reelected?

Even more simple. If not Hogan, then who? If you go to the dance with an ugly cousin, you're still at the dance.

Please, just tell me who, other than Hogan, you'd be okay with as your next governor? Because there's going to be a "next governor", no matter if you vote for your father or not.

That's as simple as it gets!

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    So exactly how many rights has Hogan given away in his first term, I can't think of one. He has done about as well as can be expected with the legislature stacked against him. I'm really hoping he gets a second term and the legislature flips enough seats to give his vetoes some clout, until then all his vetoes will continue to be overridden.
    I shudder to think of any of the wackjobs running for Governor on the democrat side winning the election, we will be in a whole world of hurt,both 2A and quality of life, taxes etc.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Even more simple. If not Hogan, then who? If you go to the dance with an ugly cousin, you're still at the dance.

Please, just tell me who, other than Hogan, you'd be okay with as your next governor? Because there's going to be a "next governor", no matter if you vote for your father or not.

That's as simple as it gets!

Did that question get asked of hogan when he noted for his dad instead of trump? Was hogan fine with Hillary?

Just like hogan apparently didn’t care if we got hillary when he voted for his dad ......

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

So your good with him taking some of your rights this year then?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So exactly how many rights has Hogan given away in his first term, I can't think of one. He has done about as well as can be expected with the legislature stacked against him. I'm really hoping he gets a second term and the legislature flips enough seats to give his vetoes some clout, until then all his vetoes will continue to be overridden.
    I shudder to think of any of the wackjobs running for Governor on the democrat side winning the election, we will be in a whole world of hurt,both 2A and quality of life, taxes etc.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Did that question get asked of hogan when he noted for his dad instead of trump? Was hogan fine with Hillary?

Just like hogan apparently didn’t care if we got hillary when he voted for his dad ......

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just answer the question. That's all I'm asking for.

Who?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Who?

If hogan doesn’t grow a set I will vote for my dad.

I have been pretty adamant about that

Now are you ok with hogan taking away your rights and if so how many?

Answer the question, that’s all I am asking.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Who?

Kathy Szeliga

Would be a good choice!

If hogan doesn’t grow a set I will vote for my dad.

I have been pretty adamant about that

Now are you ok with hogan taking away your rights and if so how many?

Answer the question, that’s all I am asking.

This is where we as a firearm community are torn. I would love to have someone that is Pro2A (and outspoken about it) as a viable candidate. If we all vote for "dad" and it causes Hogan to lose, have we shot ourselves in the foot? Are the repercussions of whoever the other side puts up becoming elected worth it? Not saying it is or isn't, a serious question.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    If Hogan decides not to run I'd vote for Kathy Szeliga. But I don't see Hogan not running, and I don't think the R party would risk dividing itself with a primary. I also believe Hogan has a better chance of more dem and indep votes that Szeliga. As far as what rights I'd accept Hogan giving up, the same he has given up so far - none. But voting for a write in guarantees greater loss of 2A rights, IMNSHO. Fred55

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Kathy Szeliga maybe a possible candidate, but I don't think she has the "public" notoriety and the popularity that Hogan has at this moment. I don't think she did well running the last time, for the US Senate. Much will depend on how Maryland Republicans draw up their battle plan and how much they will fund.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Would be a good choice!

This is where we as a firearm community are torn. I would love to have someone that is Pro2A (and outspoken about it) as a viable candidate. If we all vote for "dad" and it causes Hogan to lose, have we shot ourselves in the foot? Are the repercussions of whoever the other side puts up becoming elected worth it? Not saying it is or isn't, a serious question.

It is a very serious question. And the left is the left. And they can only be counted on to do one thing because it’s all they do. At least you can count on them doing what they do, and more and more hogan not only goes along he’s beginning to get in front of what they want done. Bumpstocks is an example of this.

And I have been scolded and scolded again here telling me we didn’t elect hogan nor can we re-elect him nor can we rely on him. So what’s the point of voting for him if he going to sell our rights for votes and won’t even say whether or not he’s pro 2a.

I donate to him last election and pushed every one I know to do the same. Now those folks are twice as pissed as I am because Hogan’s done less than nothing and now he goes on tv saying he will sell us out.

As I have said, bumpstocks are pieces of plastic, once they get their toe in the door banning them then triggers go away then semi automatic rifles.

Is that what folks think is ok?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If Hogan decides not to run I'd vote for Kathy Szeliga. But I don't see Hogan not running, and I don't think the R party would risk dividing itself with a primary. I also believe Hogan has a better chance of more dem and indep votes that Szeliga. As far as what rights I'd accept Hogan giving up, the same he has given up so far - none. But voting for a write in guarantees greater loss of 2A rights, IMNSHO. Fred55

So what do you do if hogan doesn’t veto or signs the bumpstock bill if it gets to his desk?

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Well we still resist. Are you advocating we roll over and lie down, because that is the impressing you are giving to me.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    I will vote for the lesser of the evils. I know that Hogan hasn’t done anything pro 2A, nor has he done anything to take our freedoms. If whomever runs against him is anti-freedom, then I shall cast my vote for Hogan.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Well we still resist. Are you advocating we roll over and lie down, because that is the impressing you are giving to me.

I have been told over and over our votes don’t count. I don’t want to believe that. I also want hogan to at the very least to say he’s pro 2a and to veto all the coming anti 2a laws the mga passes this year if there are any.

I won’t send him money or campaign for him this go round if he can’t do that.

I want to fight, cause I like it, but if hogan won’t fight with us that doesn’t bother you? If he signs a bumpstock ban into law, that doesn’t bother you?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I will vote for the lesser of the evils. I know that Hogan hasn’t done anything pro 2A, nor has he done anything to take our freedoms. If whomever runs against him is anti-freedom, then I shall cast my vote for Hogan.

If the mga sends him a bumpstock ban and he signs it , what then? Since it’s only the start of losing semi auto rifles it’s ok?

Have you emailed him telling him not to sign any anti gun laws, including the bumpstock ban, into law? If so did he respond? He sure hasn’t responded to me or anyone I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom