• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, getting rid of the HPRB is an emergency situation, because they pose an immediate threat to public health and safety.

So that's what's killing 300+ people a year in Baltimorgue? Good thing the MDGA is on top of things; God only knows what would become of us without their benevolent oversight, and their brilliant legal protections.
    The Baltimore Sun owns part of this stupidity. Quelle priorité is right. How in any measurable way is the state made safer by keeping in place ambiguities to restrictions to those deemed to have a good and substantial reason to carry a firearm? These people are not criminals. They wouldn't be allowed to possess a firearm in MD if they were. They aren't the people shooting up the streets of Baltimore. What have the Sun's efforts been to support strict sentencing of those committing violent crimes with firearms? Maybe they're also pro-criminal and anti-law abiding citizen like the MGA.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So apparently Zirkin was uncomfortable being the deciding vote on the HPRB repeal (probably because he knows the pretext to get rid of it is bs) but diligently does when the committee vote is tied and then cryptically states the following ...

https://www.marylandmatters.org/201...rd-as-reluctant-zirkin-provides-pivotal-vote/

“Alright, the bill is going to the floor one way or another,” Zirkin said.

Pressed by colleagues, the chair finally announced he had voted in favor of bringing the measure to the floor.

“I voted yes. And explaining my vote, I made a commitment to do so,” Zirkin said.

He forewarned the committee members that they would be back to consider bigger changes to gun laws in future years as a result.

Is he referring to the G&S going down in the courts because repealing the HPRB to undo restrictions will be some sort of poison pill (e.g. the Pennak contention of a 5th amendment trap)? Or he is referring to something else (like Hogan giving the LD new instructions for the G&S if the HPRB is dissolved)?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So apparently Zirkin was uncomfortable being the deciding vote on the HPRB repeal (probably because he knows the pretext to get rid of it is bs) but diligently does when the committee vote is tied and then cryptically states the following ...

https://www.marylandmatters.org/201...rd-as-reluctant-zirkin-provides-pivotal-vote/

Is he referring to the G&S going down in the courts because repealing the HPRB to undo restrictions will be some sort of poison pill (e.g. the Pennak contention of a 5th amendment trap)? Or he is referring to something else (like Hogan giving the LD new instructions for the G&S if the HPRB is dissolved)?

Those are not mutually exclusive.

Making this an emergency bill is extreme hysterical desperation, and the collision course they are on with the court will be equally epic. in my opinion, obviously.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

To me Sen Zirkin seemed the most "shocked" to learn about permit restrictions from the testimony of those at the hearings and if I were to venture a guess the future legislation that he is referring to would be to eliminate these vague and pointless restrictions.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Problem with this is that Zirkin knows full well the MGA isn’t going to act to streamline or eliminate restrictions. He’s full of sh*t.
    The overlords want it this way.

Trappemann

Mar 26, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Serious question regarding this bill

How many years has Maryland issued CCW permits?

How many unjustified shootings have taken place in the entire time Maryland has issued CCW Permits?

How many CCW Permit holders have been convicted for a shooting related injury or death that they have committed?

How many Assualts been charged?

Then...How many crimes have been prevented?

Does anyone have this data?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    How many years has Maryland issued CCW permits?

How many unjustified shootings have taken place in the entire time Maryland has issued CCW Permits?

How many CCW Permit holders have been convicted for a shooting related injury or death that they have committed?

How many Assualts been charged?

Then...How many crimes have been prevented?

Does anyone have this data?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

In the order asked:

1. Since 1972, when the process was created, IIRC.
    2. The numbers are not statistically tracked that way in regards to Wear & Carry Permits.
    3. Statistically insiginificant to the point that, when asked in a PIA by a source I trust, MSP was unable to provide an answer as it is so small as to not warrant tracking...
    4. See previous answer.
    5. Impossible to analyze. My pet rock has prevented millions of terrorist attacks at my home, as far as I can tell.
    6. See my answer referencing the PIA. MSP does not track to that granular a level of detail because it has not even been a fly speck on rat droppings.

Trappemann

Mar 26, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    So have we presented this information to anyone involved in the legislative process?

I know that there is no logic here.

Many on the committee knew nothing of the restrictions on permits and/or the problems they cause permit holders.

Would it not have been constructive to have armed our legislators with this info, in the pursuit of clarity re the issue?

I'm confused.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So have we presented this information to anyone involved in the legislative process?

Many on the committee knew nothing of the restrictions on permits and/or the problems they cause permit holders.

Would it not have been constructive to have armed our legislators with this info, in the pursuit of clarity re the issue?

I'm confused.

The bold above sums up pretty much everyone here this year.

Yes, the statements and questions have been posed to Legislators. They don't care, facts DON'T matter (literally).

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

I'm confused.

The short answer is they don’t care. It has been pointed out MANY times with regard ton CCW permit holders that statically they are more law abiding than police.
    These people are morons, I’m surprised they even know what the HPRB even is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The short answer is they don’t care. It has been pointed out MANY times with regard ton CCW permit holders that statically they are more law abiding than police.
    These people are morons, I’m surprised they even know what the HPRB even is.

See, that's the beauty, they DON'T. A total of exactly NONE of them have every attended a meeting (open to the public). Meanwhile, they'll continue on their merry way, taking away citizen oversight from a very well known ******** process MD.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Damn, can’t get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Color me shocked

crap.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member