• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Like shooting them in the back as they are running away obviously unarmed with no one else around.

The Charleston cop shooting that guy running away in the back because he was wanted for failure to pay child support, and the cop shooting the guy crawling on his hands in knees in a Vegas hotel hallway were what I was thinking of. A bazillion other times I don't fault the cops for the bad shoot.

The Charleston case was the rare incident where the cell phone footage showed what happened before shots were fired.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If this bill becomes law, we will need a dealer and at least 4 individual plaintiffs. A dealer who says (accurately) that he can't legally perform a NICS check for a private sale and two groups of people (a buyer and and seller) who say they want to buy/sell a long gun and went to a dealer and the dealer refused... Names and contact info please. MSI will also be a plainitiff. Please send directly to me mpennak@marylandshallissue.org

e-mail inbound

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    If Maryland ever (hope to gosh it doesn't) sustains another mass shooting; the blood of it will be on Atterbeary's and the other Maryland Legislature's hands; whom refuse to allow law abiding Marylanders to defend themselves in public.

Shame on those very legislature's and their supporters whom attempt each and every year to nullify and castrate the 2nd Amendment.

The blood will be on their hands. Shame. Shame on them all. :tdown:

SHAME on you Atterbeary.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Atterbeary should go to an HQL class. Lets just say the crowd is "diverse" and Atterbeary's "constituents" are not who she thinks they are. Her "constituents" are limousine liberal white moms funded by Bloomberg, mostly. With a sprinkling of some very vocal leftists. Actual demographic of an HQL class: Normal people who might live in Oakland Mills or east of 95 and who are interested in home defense. Most ask about carry permits.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If this bill becomes law, we will need a dealer and at least 4 individual plaintiffs. A dealer who says (accurately) that he can't legally perform a NICS check for a private sale and two groups of people (a buyer and and seller) who say they want to buy/sell a long gun and went to a dealer and the dealer refused... Names and contact info please. MSI will also be a plainitiff. Please send directly to me mpennak@marylandshallissue.org

Mark, Can we pretty much say 99% of FFL's will not legally be able to perform a NICS check as suggested above?

I mean I know of at least 3 FFL's I have had dealing with and a 3-4 more near me who I am sure many people in here have also had dealings with. Do we need to ask them or is it basically a fact already for them to say "sure we can't perform the NICS" ?

I am sure that myself and a buddy or 2 I know, might be interested in a long gun transaction and can hold off selling/buying till we need to do something like this. As it is, if we want to shoot something the other guy has to see if we like it before buying one or not, we just take what we have to the range and let the other guy try it on for size.

If I am not mistaken, the grabbers would have the law basically making this an illegal activity, no?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If Maryland ever (hope to gosh it doesn't) sustains another mass shooting; the blood of it will be on Atterbeary's and the other Maryland Legislature's hands; whom refuse to allow law abiding Marylanders to defend themselves in public.

Shame on those very legislature's and their supporters whom attempt each and every year to nullify and castrate the 2nd Amendment.

The blood will be on their hands. Shame. Shame on them all. :tdown:

SHAME on you Atterbeary.

Willtill etc, MARYLAND DOES HAVE A MASS SHOOTING. It is called 24/7 365, the calendar year. Baltimore on pace for a murder a day, MOCO, HOCO, PGCO all filling up with hotspots of violent deaths from gun.

BUT enforcing the existing laws and putting the criminals off the street till they are old and grey or dead,won't cement re-election from MOM's Bloombergs, Snowflakes who whine these bad IDEAS into more laws that will not stop the criminals/crimes.

The crux of all this is HOW do I perpetuate my job, how do I make it look like I matter, how do I appease the whiners and keep the fires burning that make it seem like I am truly needed. Oh and the almighty buck and the control I can buy with it.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    The crux of all this is HOW do I perpetuate my job, how do I make it look like I matter, how do I appease the whiners and keep the fires burning that make it seem like I am truly needed. Oh and the almighty buck and the control I can buy with it.

I agree 100%. This mentality is being exhibited nationally. It is being played out on both sides of the political spectrum. Aka, RINO's in particular. Long gone is the view of what benefits Americans only what do I need to say,or vote for, to prolong my existence in office.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Mark, Can we pretty much say 99% of FFL's will not legally be able to perform a NICS check as suggested above?

I mean I know of at least 3 FFL's I have had dealing with and a 3-4 more near me who I am sure many people in here have also had dealings with. Do we need to ask them or is it basically a fact already for them to say "sure we can't perform the NICS" ?

I am sure that myself and a buddy or 2 I know, might be interested in a long gun transaction and can hold off selling/buying till we need to do something like this. As it is, if we want to shoot something the other guy has to see if we like it before buying one or not, we just take what we have to the range and let the other guy try it on for size.

If I am not mistaken, the grabbers would have the law basically making this an illegal activity, no?

Here is what we need to be able to say completely truthfully: X (seller) and Y (buyer) went to a dealer (Z), and asked him to "facilitate" the private sale of long gun (ordinary rifle or shotgun) between X and Y by conducting a NICS check "as though" it came out of the dealer's inventory (without actually taking into his inventory). Dealer Z refused to do so, saying that such a NICS sale is contrary to federal law and if he attempted to circumvent that, he could lose his dealer's license and if he misrepresented the sale as coming out of his inventory, he could go to jail. For details, see my testimony. https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ublic-safety-rifles-and-shotguns-transactions

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Here is what we need to be able to say completely truthfully: X (seller) and Y (buyer) went to a dealer (Z), and asked him to "facilitate" the private sale of long gun (ordinary rifle or shotgun) between X and Y by conducting a NICS check "as though" it came out of the dealer's inventory (without actually taking into his inventory). Dealer Z refused to do so, saying that such a NICS sale is contrary to federal law and if he attempted to circumvent that, he could lose his dealer's license and if he misrepresented the sale as coming out of his inventory, he could go to jail. For details, see my testimony. https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ublic-safety-rifles-and-shotguns-transactions

If I am understanding this right, Can we do this NOW and basically the resulting "can't do it" is the EVIDENCE how it is contrary to Federal Law and thus we have this as a precedent to put forth against this proposed Bill?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Mark, I have read up to page 6 on your testimony so far. The illegality and data based points you make are spot on.
    How can this be made a law and in doing so, not have the law actually be against the law?

The ignorance of the members of the General Assembly knows no bounds. That plus unthinking gun hatred makes for a toxic combination.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    I politely disagree. Until it is signed into law, we need to fight it as hard as we can. They want these infringements, as bad as we wanted some lovin’ back as high schoolers. Just the tip, when all of us know that’s not all
    We wanted. The Dems are the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This above, by hook or crook...:thumbsup:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Jesus H Christ, Atterbeary! How can you possibly write laws without understanding current laws!?!?

Democrat. Just throws random words together until they fill up a page to make a bill. Just like monkeys and Shakespeare. Only the monkeys are smarter.

The ignorance of the members of the General Assembly knows no bounds. That plus unthinking gun hatred makes for a toxic combination.

AMEN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom