• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I would like to start fishing soon and was wondering who would be interested in organizing MDS meetups in MD, PA, and VA?

Thinking someone can pick a spot and organize the event. Which should be nothing more than, "Hey! Gonna be fishing at <place>... Come and join me."

I think there could be kayak/SUP events, shore events, charters, etc... I just want to fish this year.

Thoughts?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's been rough fishing from Joppatowne down to Middle River. Some of the best spots have had fish kills over the last few years and the fishing has either been terrible or nonexistent. Look for the alerts from the DNR about what rivers you should eat the fish caught there. Middle River has had a bad report for the last 3 years.

I used to do a lot of fishing on the Gunpowder river. Mud cats and carp are about all you catch now.

But lets hope that this year will be better!

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I would be down to Meetup with some on the Potomac anywhere from Hankok to whites ferry. Got some extra room in the boat for anybody that doesn't have one too.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I'd be up for a charter rockfish outing this season. Preferably somewhere out of St. Marys or Calvert.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'd be down for a deep sea fishing charter. Usually I only go on my vacation down to Daytona Beach, wouldn't mind something closer to home.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Fishing out of kayaks in the Upper Potomac and sometimes driving down to the bay.

Got an extra kayak if someone wants to tag along of some of the Upper Potomac floats. We fish some areas the boats can't get into many times. The second kayak is a sit in type and not meant for the open bay.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Fishing out of kayaks in the Upper Potomac and sometimes driving down to the bay.

Got an extra kayak if someone wants to tag along of some of the Upper Potomac floats. We fish some areas the boats can't get into many times. The second kayak is a sit in type and not meant for the open bay.

How upper is upper?

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I would like to start fishing soon and was wondering who would be interested in organizing MDS meetups in MD, PA, and VA?

Thinking someone can pick a spot and organize the event. Which should be nothing more than, "Hey! Gonna be fishing at <place>... Come and join me."

I think there could be kayak/SUP events, shore events, charters, etc... I just want to fish this year.

Thoughts?

Hey Yoshi, Yes.

I'd also be interested in much of the stuff posted below your OP. More likely I'd be available in the southern end of MD, but you never know.

I see a paddling adventure in our future, your place or mine.

I'd be interested in some shore fishing... pier, river, lake, pond...

Depending on the day and target, another bay charter would be fun.

I'm far, but you know the way. Have been thinking about hosting something out of my place, kind of a karma thing if I get any bites. :innocent0

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I fish out of Mattawoman frequently. Usually have a free back seat if anyone's interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom