• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Just ordered 500 rounds of this stuff for $136 from TheSportsmansGuide.com (not too late to cancel though). Has anyone ever shot this stuff? Price is about the best I could find anywhere for any non-Wolf ammo.

FINALLY, affordable .223 cal. Rifle Cartridges! Load up on 500 rds. of this Remanufactured Grade Ammo that's 100% guaranteed.

I got a call from the guys at Ultramax. and swung a deal for their .223 Remanufactured Rifle Cartridges. Now you can get this reliable Ammo without the usual high price tag. You see, Ultramax uses recycled cartridge cases. Every returned case must pass once fired quality standards against flaws and cracks. Cartridges are then thoroughly cleaned to a high luster finish and loaded on automatic equipment to meet factory specs. To ensure strict quality standards, random samples are collected and test fired at their own indoor range. All loaded ammo is also visually inspected to insure consistent velocity and outstanding accuracy. In short, it's 100% guaranteed by Ultramax for top performance. All cartridges are brass cased, boxer primed (reloadable) and non-corrosive. Select 500 rds. of.223 55gr. in either Full Metal Jacket or Jacketed Soft Point.
    Order ONLINE Right Now!

500 rds. of .223 cal. Full Metal Jacket Rifle Cartridges
    An affordable practice round, designed for bolt action or semi-auto functioning.
    Muzzle Velocity is 3060 F.P.S., Muzzle Energy is 1144 Ft.-Lbs.

29145i.JPG

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I think I've shot ultramax though my Mini-14, I am pretty sure I bought 500 rounds of it a year or so back.

I can't speak to much of it obviously, although this also implies that I didn't have any bad experiences with it.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I've heard mixed reviews about it. Perhaps there's a variance from batch to batch or it's better suited for a particular gun.

Either way, at that price it's worth finding out. post a review after a few hundred rounds.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I had ordered a box of "American Ammunition" for $133 the week before (new stuff, not remanufactured) and unfortunately the said it was on back order. The remanufactured was the next best price.

Wolf was cheaper than both but I don't trust their stuff in an AR.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I boycott Sportsmans guide because they sell the bad "indian" 7.62 surplus ammo to customers without any disclaimer.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I boycott Sportsmans guide because they sell the bad "indian" 7.62 surplus ammo to customers without any disclaimer.

They also won't ship any ammo or "Regulated" items to Montgomery County, even if they are 100% legal. I was trying to order some plain ol' 9mm 115gr FMJ rounds when I first got my CZ-75B, and each time I went to checkout the items were removed from my cart, yet the cleaning supplies I ordered stayed.

Midway and BassPro have no problems shipping here....

**Back on topic**

- as for that ammo, I haven't heard of it. All I've been using since I got my SLR-106FR is Wolf Military Classic 55gr FMJ 5.56x45

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    They also won't ship any ammo or "Regulated" items to Montgomery County, even if they are 100% legal. I was trying to order some plain ol' 9mm 115gr FMJ rounds when I first got my CZ-75B, and each time I went to checkout the items were removed from my cart, yet the cleaning supplies I ordered stayed.

Midway and BassPro have no problems shipping here....

**Back on topic**

- as for that ammo, I haven't heard of it. All I've been using since I got my SLR-106FR is Wolf Military Classic 55gr FMJ 5.56x45

I was under the impression that it's illegal to ship mail order ammo to Montgomery County???

Got the ammo. Only complaint is that is just comes in a big bag, like some of the ammo you get at gun shows. I would have prefered 50 rd boxes. Otherwise, it looks like brand new ammo. They must do a good job cleaning the casings.

I've actually had nothing but good experiences with SG. Returns were easy. Everything arrived quickly. And when they were out of stock on a particular item they would send a no minimum coupon and ship the remaining items still applying whatever coupons you had on it.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Maybe I should check local laws then.... I have ordered from Midway a couple times, and just placed 2 orders with Bass Pro Shops online, all orders have shipped with no issues. You would think major retailers like that would know the rules/regulations when it came to selling products like that.

When can we expect a range report on your new ammo, btw?

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Maybe I should check local laws then.... I have ordered from Midway a couple times, and just placed 2 orders with Bass Pro Shops online, all orders have shipped with no issues. You would think major retailers like that would know the rules/regulations when it came to selling products like that.

When can we expect a range report on your new ammo, btw?

You'll see it in action April 15th! :gun2: :gun3: :gun7:

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Re: MoCo and ammo

There is an old law from the 1980's (still on the books) saying that no handgun ammo sale could take place unless in person, with the buyer's "state registration certificate" in hand, and only ammo for the registered gun's caliber could be sold. This was done to adopt the DC gun laws' "good idea."

Atlantic Guns sued MoCo over the BS law being preempted by state law and WON. (See why they are still trying to get out of preemption 25 years later?!?)

Midway stopped shipping ammo for about a month when they became aware of the MoCo law. A buyer who was both a gun guy and a MD lawyer sent Midway a letter explaining the Atlantic Guns case, and after reading it Midway started shipping again.

Last year, Sportsman's Guide quoted the old law still on the books and wouldn't sell me ammo, after selling me ammo for at least two years before that. I emailed them last spring about the Atlantic Guns court case, and Midway's experience, and never heard back beyond "we'll pass the info to legal."

For S&G's, I tried ordering ammo from them this January, and they actually shipped the order! I haven't called them to ask about the policy change, but will just stay under the radar if it was a screw-up on their end . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom