• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We are trying to help you out. Don't drink with the blaster at all. How many years have you not been carrying? You can always drink. You cannot always carry if you get in a sticky wicket and it fcks you.
    If you can't restrain an occasional episode "with the boys", then maybe carrying really isn't for you.

Reality sucks. Might need to be reposted in that other thread.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    My Level is 0.00 Even if my wife tries something new while out I wont "taste" it. Mix your booze with Coke not guns.

In fact since I have been "UNRESTRICTED" in MD I have not had a drink. I actually feel better and would rather carry than drink

NOBODY

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    If you have a CCW insurance policy, check what it says too. You may find yourself with zero coverage/representation.

CCW Safe for example:
    https://ccwsafe.com/page/terms
    SUBSTANCES THAT ALTER JUDGMENT: CCW Safe will not provide the services if, at the time of a use of force incident, you are impaired in public or private property not of your own, by the use of alcohol, or controlled substances, or prescribed medication that alters judgment, or in any location you are in violation of state law or regulation concerning alcohol and drug use while in the possession of a firearm. This restriction is specific to any public place or private property of your own.

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    I am trying to figure out how me saying that has anything to do with your "dumbing down" comment??

Stupid choice like carrying a weapon while drinking. Its just giving law maker a reason to make new gun laws. And screwing people that
    Can't get w&c.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Stupid choice like carrying a weapon while drinking. Its just giving law maker a reason to make new gun laws. And screwing people that
    Can't get w&c.

Ok. I understand now. You could have made your comment alone, without quoting my legal representation quote and confusing me.

2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD
    Article - Public Safety

[Previous][Next]

§5–314.
    (a) A person who holds a permit may not wear, carry, or transport a handgun while the person is
    under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

(b) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject
    to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

[Previous][Next]

Page 156 of 2A Maryland's Compilation of Maryland Gun Laws

Link to PDF is on http://mtwashingtonrg.org/legislative-information/2a-information-links-of-interest-to-2a-advocates/

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Article - Public Safety

[Previous][Next]

§5–314.
    (a) A person who holds a permit may not wear, carry, or transport a handgun while the person is
    under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

(b) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject
    to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

[Previous][Next]

Page 156 of 2A Maryland's Compilation of Maryland Gun Laws

Link to PDF is on http://mtwashingtonrg.org/legislative-information/2a-information-links-of-interest-to-2a-advocates/

I think you are missing the point of the OP.

What is the clear definition of "under the influence"?

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I think you are missing the point of the OP.

What is the clear definition of "under the influence"?

Under the influence: "...requires that alcohol has substantially impaired the persons normal coordination." MPJI Cr 4:10

That's the definition for driving under the influence- .08 BAC or higher if you're talking in breathalyzer terms. Absent any definition in PS 5-314 I think this definition would govern. I am just talking about a criminal violation of the statute- not any civil implications of shooting someone while you have alcohol in your system.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Under the influence: "...requires that alcohol has substantially impaired the persons normal coordination." MPJI Cr 4:10

That's the definition for driving under the influence- .08 BAC or higher if you're talking in breathalyzer terms. Absent any definition in PS 5-314 I think this definition would govern. I am just talking about a criminal violation of the statute- not any civil implications of shooting someone while you have alcohol in your system.
    Terms for being DUI are laid out and it's not just " under the influence".
    What other situations other than driving do cops get to breathalyze you to determine BAC? Bar fight and because you have a permit they get to take you to the station to blow? Nope.
    A portable breath test does not hold up as the official test for court. So outside the bar in the parking lot how is "under the influence" determined? An officer or trooper simply saying "it's in this officer's opinion the permit holder was under the influence due to his actions"?

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    So outside the bar in the parking lot how is "under the influence" determined? An officer or trooper simply saying "it's in this officer's opinion the permit holder was under the influence due to his actions"?

The self licking ice cream cone :lol:

He's drunk bcause he is acting drunk. Hope he doesn't have Parkinson.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The self licking ice cream cone :lol:

He's drunk bcause he is acting drunk. Hope he doesn't have Parkinson.

If cops can prove you were drinking, yes. If they can’t show you were other than what they claim was your behavior, hard to convince a judge or jury.

So a bar or restaurant tab showing even a single drink, you are possibly screwed. Someone seeing you having a drink, in trouble. Best option, just don’t drink while carrying. Can’t resist, sounds like you need a conversation with someone specializing in substance abuse or addictive personalities.

Don’t have a W&C, been in plenty of situations where I knew I shouldn’t have a drink. Wanted to for social or personal reasons. Can’t think of a time I was particularly tempted because I knew it was a bad idea. I’d suggest resisting even if you do feel tempted.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014

The letter of the law would suggest the officer needs to have knowledge of the person's "normal" coordination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom