• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    I just received an email from aim surplus that the TT-33 IS C&R :rockon::gun3:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    They're too ugly for me-I don't have a CZ-52 yet. I think I'm going in that direction. Maybe the Tok will grow on me.....

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    Do I "pull the trigger" now or do I wait until AIM lowers the price to $199 in a couple of weeks? + SOG will likely make it C&R soon too.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    Is there a difference in availability between 9x18 and 7.62x25 ammo?

I'm already debating what to buy first once I get my C&R. :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Is there a difference in availability between 9x18 and 7.62x25 ammo?

I'm already debating what to buy first once I get my C&R. :)
    Online they are both easy to get, but the new commercial Makarov ammo is cheaper than Tokarev commercial ammo.
    In local shops, I think you will find the Makarov ammo a lot more times than the Tokarev.
    Surplus Tokarev ammo is very cheap still and some gun shops will have some on occasion, but in a MD gunshop it might still be about as expensive as commercial Makarov.

covcreo

Oct 16, 2007
    get both you're only talkin about 500 dollars for two peices of history that are sweet shooters. that is one hot round I wish they made it in a new gun with larger mag.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I see AIM has them for $209

Can I get an opinion of the TT-33 vs the CZ-52?

I'd like one or the other, but not both. Which would you recommend and why?

I have a CZ-52 and a Polish TT33 and I like shooting the TT better. Both are excellent guns, I just like the feel of the TT better. It's a little bit smaller but still heavy enough to pick up some of the recoil from the 7.62x25 round.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I see AIM has them for $209

Can I get an opinion of the TT-33 vs the CZ-52?

I'd like one or the other, but not both. Which would you recommend and why?

The CZ52 holds well for most people with Hogue slip on grips and makes it feel much more ergonomic.

Get the CZ 52 because they will not be available for very long and you are going to kick yourself in the ass five years from now when they are $300 or $350 each.
    There were only 200,000 CZ52s made and about 2,000,000 TT-33s or copies were made. So the TT-33 will be available for a long time to come while the CZ52 will dry up soon.

When I bought my CZ52 close to two years ago it was about $75 before shipping (no holster and one mag). Now it would cost $130. In another year to 18 months I predict they will go up to close to $200 in price on the low end.
    Both are kinda novelties, but the CZ is unique.
    The CZ52 is built like a tank and wieghs a little more, so shooting hotter rounds (with the slip on grip) may not be as rough.
    The CZ52 also has some cool accesories that can still be found like 9mm drop in barrels, threaded barrels and compensators.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    The CZ52 holds well for most people with Hogue slip on grips and makes it feel much more ergonomic.

Get the CZ 52 because they will not be available for very long and you are going to kick yourself in the ass five years from now when they are $300 or $350 each.
    There were only 200,000 CZ52s made and about 2,000,000 TT-33s or copies were made. So the TT-33 will be available for a long time to come while the CZ52 will dry up soon.

When I bought my CZ52 close to two years ago it was about $75 before shipping (no holster and one mag). Now it would cost $130. In another year to 18 months I predict they will go up to close to $200 in price on the low end.
    Both are kinda novelties, but the CZ is unique.
    The CZ52 is built like a tank and wieghs a little more, so shooting hotter rounds (with the slip on grip) may not be as rough.
    The CZ52 also has some cool accesories that can still be found like 9mm drop in barrels, threaded barrels and compensators.

Speaking of 9mm barrels. I just bought one from AIM along with 2 spam cans of 1,224 rounds 7.62x25, and 2 cases of the 7.62x54 light ball ammo. :party29: Oh-well now I can't afford the TT33. :sad20: That makes $3500 on the credit card! Good thing I only got a $5000 limit. :lol2: I should be able to pay it off by next year. Maybe even faster if O'Mouthy doesn't grab my whole tax refund! :mad54:

Only reason for the Ammo purchase is because the guy at The Armory in Annapolis told me surplus ammo may be extinct in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom