• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptPrice

Jul 14, 2019
    Annapolis
    I just recently watched a Facebook video posted by Frederick County Delegate Dan Cox regarding House Bill 650.

The proposed bill was introduced in January and is among some of the legislation currently being hastily worked-on because of the virus situation. There are many bills being rushed through the legislature in the expectation that the state government will stop meeting.

HB650 is an “Enhanced Coordination Order” which would change the way our Governor’s office would handle an emergency situation. Instead of an actual emergency, emergency powers could be utilized during a “heightened” state of emergency or when there is the “potential for emergency.” There would be a 7-day rule, meaning the Governor/Governor’s office would have emergency powers for a 7 day period if they suspect the potential for an emergency. My understanding is that they would just have to simply declare this “heightened state” and not need to put it through any type of legislative process.

If the “potential” was declared, the Governor’s office would be able to move individuals, seize property (ie homes, vehicles, firearms/ammunition), “compel evacuation,” and even determine the means of evacuation (trains and buses people). It would also bring local jurisdictions under the office of the Governor (sheriffs’ offices, fire/ems departments, etc).

His video is up on his FB page, I suggest checking it out. Contact your senator and make sure we are heard!

Edit: the 7-day period could be renewed without reason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom