• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    I am now a bow hunting newbee!

She surprised me for my birthday with a PSE Nova bow complete with rest, quiver, sight, release, arm guard, and a few arrows.

She new I was interested in getting into bow hunting and a colleague at work was selling his equipment and bingo, I am one lucky husband, er hunter.

Can't wait to shoot it. I think I'll try to get out tomorrow.

Pics to follow.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Nova's are great first bows. I think you'll like it. Get some good groupings and get out in the trees!

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Not knowing what exactly you have there, have you considered taking the bow to a pro shop for proper setup? I'd highly recommend it.

And practice on flat land and from tree-stand height. A decent angle compensating range finder is good too if you have a little disposable cash.

Since this is a shooting forum, I want to say that I'm not trying to be offensive, but I find bow hunting much more fun than hunting with a rifle.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    point taken, i have already enlisted the help of a seasoned bow hunter to help me get started. I plan on taking my setup to a local archery shop before I set out for the woods.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    point taken, i have already enlisted the help of a seasoned bow hunter to help me get started. I plan on taking my setup to a local archery shop before I set out for the woods.

that is a good idea. having someone teach you from experience is a great tool. although don't take everything they say as gospel, you should have a good relationship with your bow guy so you can come to him with random questions you might have. And if you have any questions feel free to ask here, there is a lot of knowledge floating around these parts:)

-Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom